A Nomadic Witch by Debora Geary

A Nomadic Witch (edition 2012)

by Debora Geary (Author)

Member:ShariDragon
Title:A Nomadic Witch
Authors:Debora Geary (Author)
Info:Fireweed Publishing (2012), Kindle Edition, 263 pages
Collections:Your library, Kindle

A Nomadic Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 4) by Debora Geary

2012 (2) 2013 (4) 2014 (2) bargain (1) Canada (1) chick lit (1) E (1) ebook (9) F (1) fantasy (5) female (1) fiction (5) fluff (1) I (1) Kindle (7) magic (1) maritimes (1) Modern Witch (1) novel (1) paranormal (3) paranormal romance (1) read (2) Read - 2012 Fall (1) read jan 2013 (1) romance (1) series (2) sff (1) to-read (2) urban fantasy (3) witches (4)

Debora Geary gives us another installment on the sweet series of witch stories. The stakes are more dire, but the family feeling is still strong. ( )
  Perrywilson | May 24, 2014 |
This is the fourth book in a wonderful paranormal series that takes me to my happy place when I read them. I would so love for this band of witches from Witch Central to be real and living in my neighbourhood. A caring and sharing, close-knit group of magical people who all laugh together; cry together and support each other however and whenever needed. Even when the person who needs all of those activities (laughter, tears and help) in his life is a grump; in fact the grumpiest of grumps. Marcus is that grump. Withdrawing into himself as a young child when his twin brother is taken by the mists, Marcus has allowed himself to love no-one so he doesn’t get hurt again. The arrival of a baby girl on his doorstep transforms his life. He learns to blow raspberries, run on the beach with bare feet and play light-sabre mock battles with the young witchlings of the community. I laughed out loud when the other fathers all gather to help Marcus deal with the secrets of caring for a child.

As with the other books in the series A NOMADIC WITCH has you both laughing and crying as it explores grief and how allowing it to win sucks all the joy out of living. Marcus needs to find out how to move on and this little baby witchling may just be the person to do it. A little darker than the previous three, and there is no romantic element, but there is love and that is the love between a parent and child. Author, Debora Geary has the wonderfully magical gift of story and I always feel a little sad when I get to the end of her books.

I really recommend this series.

sally906 | Apr 3, 2013 |
In this installment in this popular and feel good story of modern witches we concentrate on Marcus, a man with tragedy in his past and a baby on his door step. There is more plot in this than in the previous books in the series and Marcus is a much more rounded character. I did feel sad, however, that he is the first main character in one of these books not to find love as part of his story - I wonder if this is because he is older than the other main protagonists ?

I still get all the other characters mixed up because there are so many of them and they are all alike, and I still find the children nauseatingly well-behaved and mature for their ages but there is some interesting stuff about loss, grief and guilt. Everything was wrapped up very satisfactorily, but you expected nothing else.

I still craved more depth but did find myself enjoying Marcus' story. ( )
  AnneHudson | Mar 2, 2013 |
This is another really good read from the "Modern Witch" series. I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the first three but I did enjoy it. The characters were as appealing as in the other books. I thought this book was a little long and a little darker than the others. Still, I highly recommend the book and am looking forward to the remainder of the series. ( )
  hazel1123 | Feb 6, 2013 |
Another great addition to The Modern Witch series!
Ms Geary creates such real, warm, loving characters.... it's like visiting friends and family every time I pick up one of her books. The whole 'witch' theme makes for a fun entertaining read, but the real draw is the characters. They feel so real that I wouldn't be surprised to run into one of the characters in real life. ( )
  lauras67 | Nov 19, 2012 |

Debora Geary is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,285,187 books! | Top bar: Always visible