Fifty Shames of Earl Grey by Fanny Merkin…

Fifty Shames of Earl Grey

Info:Aurum Press Ltd, Paperback
Collections:Finished Reading
Tags:parody

Fifty Shames of Earl Grey by Fanny Merkin

I didn't read 50 Shades of Grey but couldn't resist reading this parody. This was a fast, humorous read poking fun at the craziness of the original book.

I did find both characters to be extremely entertaining; Anna with her air-head simplicity and Earl Grey in his role as uber Alpha Male (for Pete's sake he drains the Pacific Ocean to save his Anna!)

Yes all the characters were completely undefined and one dimensional but they were fun. You don't read this book looking for a comparison piece to one of the greats like War and Peace or Anna Karenina. You read it because you have some spare time on your hands and need a bit of a laugh. ( )
  NancyNo5 | Sep 5, 2014 |
Anna Steal, ladies and gents.

Review to come.

In the meantime, check out this book trailer aka "short film", if you haven't already. ( )
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
Fifty Shames of Earl Grey by Fanny Merkin

I figured I'd give it a try. Read a lot of reviews about how funny it was.I guess maybe I'm just not into parodies. Found it to be gross and rather annoying. ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |
This is just too funny for words.

I can picture the Will Farrell crew acting it out. A blockbuster in the making LOL ( )
  TheBookHammock | Sep 24, 2013 |
This was a fun read, literally. At times I laughed until I was in tears. Definitely something for everyone who thought 50 Shades of Grey was utter horsecrap. ( )
  J4N3 | Sep 23, 2013 |

In a parody of E.L. James's "Fifty Shades" series, nave coed Anna Steal is seduced by wealthy tycoon Earl Grey, but finds it hard to live with his fifty shames--including shopping at Walmart on Saturdays--and constant smirking.

21 wanted2 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,329,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible