What Do You Care What Other People Think? by…

What Do You Care What Other People Think? (1988)

by Richard P. Feynman

Other authors: Ralph Leighton (Editor)

The Challenger Launch Decision: Risky Technology, Culture, and Deviance at NASA by Diane Vaughan (nandadevi)
    nandadevi: Feynman's book contains an extended essay on his involvement within the Challenger disaster investigation.

English (33)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (34)
I hate to say it's my favorite romance, because I have an anti-romance reputation. This however is a true story representing the best of love. It also has a great title, one that should be everyones motto. ( )
  ISCCSandy | Apr 9, 2019 |
  ISCCSandy | Apr 9, 2019 |
Wonderful book, gives you a peek inside the mind of one of the greatest minds of the last century. Surprisingly straightforward, for a man of such intellect. I guess curiosity(a lifelong obsession with it) is what seems to nurtures intellect, one would think from the pages of Dr. Feynman’s book. ( )
  iskander. | Dec 5, 2018 |
Not bad, but I should have read his other books first. Didn't much care for the more memoir-ish bits in the first half (personal preference), but I did find the part on the challenger explosion fascinating and heartbreaking. ( )
  Joanna.Oyzon | Apr 17, 2018 |
Discussions
  stevholt | Nov 19, 2017 |

Feynman, Richard P.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Leighton, RalphEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I have a friend who is an artist, and he sometimes takes a view which I don’t agree with. He’ll hold up a flower and say, “Look how beautiful it is,” and I’ll agree. But then he’ll say, “I, as an artist, can seee how beautiful a flower is. But you, as a scientist, take it all apart and it becomes dull.” I think he’s kind of nutty.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0393320928, Paperback)

A thoughtful companion volume to the earlier Surely You Are Joking Mr. Feynman!. Perhaps the most intriguing parts of the book are the behind-the-scenes descriptions of science and policy colliding in the presidential commission to determine the cause of the Challenger space shuttle explosion; and the scientific sleuthing behind his famously elegant O-ring-in-ice-water demonstration. Not as rollicking as his other memoirs, but in some ways more profound.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:28 -0400)

One of the greatest physicists of the twentieth century, Richard Feynman possessed an unquenchable thirst for adventure and an unparalleled ability to tell the stories of his life.

W.W. Norton

An edition of this book was published by W.W. Norton.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,135,729 books! | Top bar: Always visible