Spying in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries)…

Spying in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries) (edition 2010)

by Gemma Halliday

Member:RobinBrz
Title:Spying in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries)
Authors:Gemma Halliday
Info:
Collections:Your library, Recently Read
Rating:***

Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday

English (28)  Finnish (1)  All (29)
Had a bad day? Too much on your mind or so much work that you really can't spend too much thought or time but of course you have to read? Then this book is for you. The story is about Maddie Springer a fashion model wannabe whose height challenge helped her to decide to become a shoe designer instead. Maddie has a small problem - she may be pregnant and her boyfriend has disappeared so she decides to hunt him down. Along the way she meets a hot detective and solves a mystery with her shoe knowledge.

Maddie is the ultimate blond Valley girl so the language is not that of an English major and pretty much revolves around shoes, shopping and physical appearance. But if you can look past that and just want a light-hearted read to satisfy that book addiction this book may satisfy because it does have some funny, outrageous moments and the mystery was a little more than the writing would lead you believe. ( )
  mmoj | Mar 2, 2017 |
No erotica and minimal explicit violence despite two murders. Lots of OC references and boob talk. Loads of situational humor. The publisher's blurb doesn't tell you that Maddy designs children's shoes, or that her mother's idea of a bachelorette party is a male strip club. All I can say without doing the spoiler thing is that I laughed myself silly, and the suspense and plot twists were great! ( )
  jetangen4571 | Sep 6, 2016 |
First as awful as I feel this week I am shocked that I can take the time to read a book. So glad it was free and made me giggle. Truthfully I have not LOL'd at a book in a long time but, this one was ridiculous at times and I had to laugh.

OKKKKKKKK! I am a dork but, a sucker for Free Books on the Kindle. Some are brilliant some are not so brilliant. Right now I am reading Spying in High Heels. Too cute. Okay I know that bad spelling, bad punctuations, bad grammar, BUT it is FREE. So you have to rate it on material and what you really think of the story.

I am about 50% done with the book and although it doesn't have a lot of meaning it does say something to me.. It says Crazy. I adore the fashion crazed, dingy (yes my made up word), procrastinating Maddie who I think it just to cute. I love that she thinks her mom's husband is gay and that the woman met the man on Match.com. Because, she didn't really "know" her man she reminds me a lot of myself .. I give people a chance some even when they don't deserve it.. As I go on to finish the book I am actually excited about what Maddie is going to do next.

Okay, I can't see him but, Ramirez reminds me of one of those hot CSI cops who you want to reach through the screen and grab him. Hunk and all. Oh wait I am engaged but, come on Maddie drop those illusions of the lying, cheating, scumbag Richard and get Hunktified "Angelism.meaning....in the bed with Ramirez"! Oh wait I am engaged I will leave it alone and remember my loving man who is at home waiting for me to get out of work. (It's a book a girl can dream)!

Word I really had to look up (I feel like a fruitcake) -- And I have a 4.0 in College What does this say about me???

Dictionary.Com Definition
Barren: unfruitful..unable to reproduce
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
I downloaded this for free on my tablet and I believe I have read this book before. In fact I think I've read the entire series when it first came out. I enjoyed reading it again. It's a nice, fun chick lit book that isn't heavy, just entertaining. A good summer read. I like Gemma Halliday's books. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 12, 2016 |
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
For Mary Ellen Halliday Thompson. She never wore Manolos, Pradas, or Choos, but with a style undeniable, no one will ever fill her shoes. We miss you, Grandma.
I was late. And I don't mean the kind of late where I spent too much time doing my hair and was now stuck in traffic.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0843957352, Mass Market Paperback)

L.A. shoe designer, Maddie Springer, lives her life by three rules: Fashion. Fashion. Fashion. But when she stumbles upon the work of a brutal killer, her life takes an unexpected turn from Manolos to murder. And things only get worse when her boyfriend disappears—along with $20 million in embezzled funds—and her every move is suddenly under scrutiny by LAPD's sexiest cop. With the help of her post-menopausal bridezilla of a mother, a 300-pound psychic and one seriously oversexed best friend, Maddie finds herself stepping out of her stilettos and onto the trail of a murderer. But can she catch a killer before the killer catches up to her?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:20 -0400)

L.A. shoe designer, Maddie Springer, lives her life by three rules: Fashion. Fashion. Fashion. But when she stumbles upon the work of a brutal killer, her life takes an unexpected turn from Manolos to murder. And things only get worse when her boyfriend disappears - along with $20 million in embezzled funds - and her every move is suddenly under scrutiny by the LAPD's sexiest cop. With the help of her post-menopausal bridezilla of a mother, a 300 pound psychic and one seriously oversexed best friend, Maddie finds herself stepping out of her stilettos and onto the trail of a murderer. But can she catch a killer before the killer catches up to her.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,487,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible