Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas

Sugar Daddy

by Lisa Kleypas

Series: Travis Family (1)

Just about perfect. Such a rich story! Kleypas clearly knows East Texas and its people. ( )
  Narshkite | Jan 10, 2019 |
Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas (Audio Edition)
Narrated by Jeannie Stith
The Travises #1

4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this book. Had life not gotten in the way so much, I would have finished it sooner! I did not read the synopsis before starting this book, so I didn't have any real expectations, other than a few good reviews (which I only glance at as I hate spoilers.)

In the beginning I had started to wonder if it was a YA novel, as by chapter 5 the leads were still sophomores in high school. Liberty was a strong leading lady. Her persistence and caring for her sister were admirable.

I thought Hardy and Liberty together were great, and as things started to happen and change in the story, I kept waiting for him to show up in the book more. Until Gage entered the picture that is. The chemistry between these two… whoa! It was awesome. Then Hardy shows up. Oy! Talk about a hard decision!

While I wish there was a bit more romance in this story, what was there was well written. Most of the book is spent reliving Liberty's story (from her point of view), and all the trials and such that comes along with being a guardian of a young child, at a young age, while not having access to a lot of money. Don't misunderstand, this is not a bad thing. It kept me listening and I never found myself feeling bored. I will definitely read the next book the series.

Jeannie Stith did a good job with the narration, her southern accents were great and brought me into Texas. I would listen to a book she read again.

Original review posted at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogspot.ca/

MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
[Monday, September 19, 2011] Every time I pull this book from my collection and start reading, I reach chapter 3 or 4 and I can't go on! And it's very depressing because I usually love Lisa's books... And I read great reviews about it, but I simply can't push my way through it... Maybe I will try for the fourth time later on.

[Monday, April ‎16, ‎2012] So a few days ago I gave this book another chance and now I can't stop thinking about it. I LOVE Lisa's writing. Every chance I get at my job I open the book and read on... I'm so badly in love with the story now, I can't wait to see what will happen next. Some scenes even made me cry.

[Sunday, ‎April ‎22, ‎2012] God!! I LOVED this book!! Though I wanted Liberty to be with Hardy but I have to admit Gage won me over, he is perfect. I totally loved the story. I can't wait to read the second book. I just ordered the third one, I hope there will be more stories about the Travis family. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Not my favorite, but still a really solid contemporary romance from Kleypas. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |

Lisa Kleypasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Albanese, Teresasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enderlin, JenniferEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hibert, NicoleTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stith, JeannieReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my husband, Greg, who is my true love, my best friend, my adventure, my comfort, and the compass in the map of my heart. For giving the best hugs, making me feel beautiful, being funny and smart, choosing the perfect wine, taking care of the family, and always being the most interesting person in the room.
When I was four, my father died in an oil-rig accident.

SHE'S FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS
Liberty Jones has dreams and determination that will take her far away from Welcome, Texas---if she can keep her wild heart from ruling her mind. Hardy Cates sees Liberty as completely off-limits. His own ambitions are bigger than Welcome, and Liberty Jones is a complication he doesn't need. But something magical and potent draws them to each other, in a dangerous attraction that is stronger than both of them.

HE'S THE ONE MAN SHE CAN'T HAVE
When Hardy leaves town to pursue his plans, Liberty finds herself alone with a young sister to raise. Soon Liberty finds herself under the spell of a billionaire tycoon---a Sugar Daddy, one might say. But the relationship goes deeper than people think, and Liberty begins to discover secrets about her own family's past.

WILL THEY FIND THEIR HEARTS' DESIRES OR WILL HEARTBREAK TEAR THEM APART?
Two men. One woman. A choice that can make her or break her. A woman you'll root for every step of the way. A love story you'll never forget.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312351631, Mass Market Paperback)

Liberty Jones has dreams and determination that will take her far away from Welcome, Texas—if she can keep her wild heart from ruling her mind. Hardy Cates sees Liberty as completely off-limits. His own ambitions are bigger than Welcome, and Liberty is a complication he doesn’t need. But something magical and potent draws them to each other, in a dangerous attraction that is stronger than both of them.

When Hardy leaves town to pursue his plans, Liberty finds herself alone with a young sister to raise. Soon Liberty is under the spell of a billionaire tycoon—a Sugar Daddy, one might say. But the relationship goes deeper than people think, and Liberty begins to discover secrets about her own family’s past.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:23 -0400)

Just as Liberty and her sister begin to feel settled in their new home in the city, Liberty's first love comes back into their lives...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,862,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible