Sugar Daddy (C/R: Travis Family, Book 1) by…

Sugar Daddy (C/R: Travis Family, Book 1)

by Lisa Kleypas

Member:Dotland101
Title:Sugar Daddy (C/R: Travis Family, Book 1)
Authors:Lisa Kleypas
Info:St. Martin's Press (03/2007), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 384 pages St. Martin's Press (03/2008), Paperbacks Edition
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****
Tags:1/3, Have & Read

Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas

[Monday, September 19, 2011] Every time I pull this book from my collection and start reading, I reach chapter 3 or 4 and I can't go on! And it's very depressing because I usually love Lisa's books... And I read great reviews about it, but I simply can't push my way through it... Maybe I will try for the fourth time later on.

[Monday, April ‎16, ‎2012] So a few days ago I gave this book another chance and now I can't stop thinking about it. I LOVE Lisa's writing. Every chance I get at my job I open the book and read on... I'm so badly in love with the story now, I can't wait to see what will happen next. Some scenes even made me cry.

[Sunday, ‎April ‎22, ‎2012] God!! I LOVED this book!! Though I wanted Liberty to be with Hardy but I have to admit Gage won me over, he is perfect. I totally loved the story. I can't wait to read the second book. I just ordered the third one, I hope there will be more stories about the Travis family. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Not my favorite, but still a really solid contemporary romance from Kleypas. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
I loved this story of a Texas girl who has to grow up way too soon. Her single mother struggles to rase one daughter then finds herself pregnant with another baby. Their lives get hard but then they get even harder when tragedy strikes. Liberty Jones is a woman I can respect, and I enjoyed her heart wrenching story.
Liberty has never been allowed to develop normal relationships, her responsibilities would make most adults run for cover. She doesn't, she works her tail off. Sometimes she gets nailed to the wall, but she unhooks herself gets up and moves ahead.
There are several men in her life, one breaks her heart, one offers her a future and one really loves her. I loved all three wonderful men with their stupid men problems. I do have to say I want my own Gage after meeting him.
I am already reading the next book. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Because I'm a fan of LK's historicals I wanted to read this. However, the first time I started this book I put it down after a couple of pages. This time I managed to read about a hundred pages, but I guess it just isn't my cup of tea. Part of the problem is that it is written in first person, which I hardly ever like. Back to her historicals, although I might try this one again someday.
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |

Lisa Kleypasprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Albanese, Teresasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enderlin, JenniferEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hibert, NicoleTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stith, JeannieReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my husband, Greg, who is my true love, my best friend, my adventure, my comfort, and the compass in the map of my heart. For giving the best hugs, making me feel beautiful, being funny and smart, choosing the perfect wine, taking care of the family, and always being the most interesting person in the room.
When I was four, my father died in an oil-rig accident.

SHE'S FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS
Liberty Jones has dreams and determination that will take her far away from Welcome, Texas---if she can keep her wild heart from ruling her mind. Hardy Cates sees Liberty as completely off-limits. His own ambitions are bigger than Welcome, and Liberty Jones is a complication he doesn't need. But something magical and potent draws them to each other, in a dangerous attraction that is stronger than both of them.

HE'S THE ONE MAN SHE CAN'T HAVE
When Hardy leaves town to pursue his plans, Liberty finds herself alone with a young sister to raise. Soon Liberty finds herself under the spell of a billionaire tycoon---a Sugar Daddy, one might say. But the relationship goes deeper than people think, and Liberty begins to discover secrets about her own family's past.

WILL THEY FIND THEIR HEARTS' DESIRES OR WILL HEARTBREAK TEAR THEM APART?
Two men. One woman. A choice that can make her or break her. A woman you'll root for every step of the way. A love story you'll never forget.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312351631, Mass Market Paperback)

Liberty Jones has dreams and determination that will take her far away from Welcome, Texas—if she can keep her wild heart from ruling her mind. Hardy Cates sees Liberty as completely off-limits. His own ambitions are bigger than Welcome, and Liberty is a complication he doesn’t need. But something magical and potent draws them to each other, in a dangerous attraction that is stronger than both of them.

When Hardy leaves town to pursue his plans, Liberty finds herself alone with a young sister to raise. Soon Liberty is under the spell of a billionaire tycoon—a Sugar Daddy, one might say. But the relationship goes deeper than people think, and Liberty begins to discover secrets about her own family’s past.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:23 -0400)

Left behind by an ambitious man who considers her off limits, Texas girl Liberty Jones eventually makes her way to the big city, where she falls under the spell of a billionaire tycoon who holds secrets from her mother's past.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,144,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible