Sugar Daddy (C/R: Travis Family, Book 1) by…

Sugar Daddy (C/R: Travis Family, Book 1)

by Lisa Kleypas

8193411,119 (3.87)15
Member:Dotland101
Title:Sugar Daddy (C/R: Travis Family, Book 1)
Authors:Lisa Kleypas
Info:St. Martin's Press (03/2007), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 384 pages St. Martin's Press (03/2008), Paperbacks Edition
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****
Tags:1/3, Have & Read

Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas

Recently added byarena55, M_Sims, JudithDCollins

"Love Lisa Kleypas! She has a way with characters and makes them come alive - Make sure and read Sugar Daddy prior to Blue Eyed Devil as sequel - Great writing and superior author! If you are from the south, you will love it!!!! " ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
Going on the shelf with my all-time favorites! This book was very different from your typical romance novel (not that I don't love romances in general), so I was a little thrown off at the start, but Kleypas weaves an engrossing tale with characters so real they leapt off the page. By the end, I was sighing happily with a warm glow all through my chest.

Highly recommend! ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
Kleypas should stick to historicals: How does that happen?? An amazing writer can change genre and become less than average. I will NEVER buy another contemporary book from this author again.
  lonepalm | Feb 5, 2014 |
A great 'beach read' - wonderful characters. ( )
  reckshow | Jan 21, 2014 |
I wasn't expecting to love this book, but I absolutely did! This is different from the typical Lisa Kleypas novels, but still brilliantly written. I can't write much without giving something away and I think this book is best read without expectations and without any hints on the story. The plot is excellent. The heroine is outstanding - real, genuine, believable, strong yet vulnerable, likable. The story is touching, and the side characters are excellently portrayed. This is a beautiful story about love and family and the choices we make. I absolutely think this is a must-read.

Heroine: 5/5
Hero: 5/5
Side Characters: 5/5
Romance: 5/5
Overall: 5/5 ( )
  Azacia | Dec 8, 2013 |
To my husband, Greg, who is my true love, my best friend, my adventure, my comfort, and the compass in the map of my heart. For giving the best hugs, making me feel beautiful, being funny and smart, choosing the perfect wine, taking care of the family, and always being the most interesting person in the room.
When I was four, my father died in an oil-rig accident.

SHE'S FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS
Liberty Jones has dreams and determination that will take her far away from Welcome, Texas---if she can keep her wild heart from ruling her mind. Hardy Cates sees Liberty as completely off-limits. His own ambitions are bigger than Welcome, and Liberty Jones is a complication he doesn't need. But something magical and potent draws them to each other, in a dangerous attraction that is stronger than both of them.

HE'S THE ONE MAN SHE CAN'T HAVE
When Hardy leaves town to pursue his plans, Liberty finds herself alone with a young sister to raise. Soon Liberty finds herself under the spell of a billionaire tycoon---a Sugar Daddy, one might say. But the relationship goes deeper than people think, and Liberty begins to discover secrets about her own family's past.

WILL THEY FIND THEIR HEARTS' DESIRES OR WILL HEARTBREAK TEAR THEM APART?
Two men. One woman. A choice that can make her or break her. A woman you'll root for every step of the way. A love story you'll never forget.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312351631, Mass Market Paperback)

Liberty Jones has dreams and determination that will take her far away from Welcome, Texas—if she can keep her wild heart from ruling her mind. Hardy Cates sees Liberty as completely off-limits. His own ambitions are bigger than Welcome, and Liberty is a complication he doesn’t need. But something magical and potent draws them to each other, in a dangerous attraction that is stronger than both of them.

When Hardy leaves town to pursue his plans, Liberty finds herself alone with a young sister to raise. Soon Liberty is under the spell of a billionaire tycoon—a Sugar Daddy, one might say. But the relationship goes deeper than people think, and Liberty begins to discover secrets about her own family’s past.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:13 -0400)

Left behind by an ambitious man who considers her off limits, Texas girl Liberty Jones eventually makes her way to the big city, where she falls under the spell of a billionaire tycoon who holds secrets from her mother's past.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,323,644 books! | Top bar: Always visible