Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy…

Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight (edition 2012)

by Travis Langley (Author), Dennis O'Neil (Introduction), Michael Uslan (Foreword)

A journey behind the mask and into the mind of Gotham City’s Caped Crusader, timed for the summer 2012 release of The Dark Knight Rises Batman is one of the most compelling and enduring characters to come from the Golden Age of Comics, and interest in his story has only increased through countless incarnations since his first appearance in Detective Comics #27 in 1939. Why does this superhero without superpowers fascinate us? What does that fascination say about us? Batman and Psychology explores these and other intriguing questions about the masked vigilante, including: Does Batman ha… (more)
Member:CatherineMilos
Title:Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight
Authors:Travis Langley (Author)
Other authors:Dennis O'Neil (Introduction), Michael Uslan (Foreword)
Info:John Wiley & Sons (2012), Edition: 1st, 337 pages
Tags:to-read

Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight by Travis Langley

Quite an easy introduction to psychology with the “Dark Knight” & a DC comic centric theme , the author goes about explaining mental neurosis and sociopathic tendencies in daily life with Batman and his adversaries as examples .
To me Batman’s psycho profile is insipid and boring , but was more interested in the villainous type namely Bane & The Joker . However at times I found the author was grasping at straws - specially the comparison on Bruce Wayne & Hamlet (Shakespeare) using Freudian & Carl Jung psychoanalytic theories . ( )
  Vik.Ram | May 5, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,681,517 books! | Top bar: Always visible