Deeper in You by Sylvia Day

Deeper in You (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sylvia Day

Member:sylviaday
Title:Deeper in You
Authors:Sylvia Day
Info:Berkley (2012), Kindle Edition

Reflected in You by Sylvia Day (2012)

English (53)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  All languages (56)
4.5 stars

OMG! What a HOT emotional roller coaster! This one was a little bit frustrating and predictable. There were times that I couldn’t help but be furious with Gideon and/or Eva just to turn around and be completely heartbroken with them or hopelessly in love with them. By the shocking ending you will want December 31st to be here so you can read Entwined with You NOW! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
Another entry in the 20 something Contemporary Romance erotica boddice-ripper trope.

This novel lacks the wit of 50 Shades of Grey, but is admittedly better written from a technical perspective. Other than that? It's dull as toast, actually duller than toast. And repetitive. The first novel in this series, Bared to You, is actually better and has more plot. This books is mostly sex. And a lot of the sex does not flow organically from the plot. Nor does it either propel the plot forward or the character's arcs.

The sex is also boring. I skimmed most of the chapters.

The love story? Disturbing. They appear to be more in lust than in love and addicted to the mutual high. The lead character is more abusive and controlling than in the prior novel. The characters do not communicate or talk out their issues, they have brutal sex. The attraction between these two characters seems to be purely physical in character and influenced by a back-history of sexual abuse. The heroine who was brutally raped by her step-brother, enters into a sexually charged and borderline abusive relationship with the damaged hero.

It's hard to care about either character or their relationship. Both come across as self-absorbed, narcissistic and entitled. They care about no one outside of themselves and their immediate family and friends. And do not appear to think twice about using others, including each other, for their own pleasure and goals.

The writing is deeply serious, and overly melodramatic. Lacking again the dry wit and tongue in cheek satire of 50 Shades of Grey, a book that is quite similar to it. As are various novels by Judith McNaught. And I'm told the less than original Twilight novels by Stephanie Meyer.

Not recommended.

cmlloyd67 | Jun 7, 2015 |

Así que... ejem... leí esto.

Y no estuvo demasiado horripilante. Muchísimo mejor que el primero!

Necesitaba algo para relajar mi cerebro. Un buen romance simple y con mucho revuelco y... ¡Sorpresa! No lo odié.

El final fue bastante inesperado, si bien ultra-melodramático y bastante tirado de los pelos, repito, ciertamente inesperado.

Obviamente, tiene sus obvias fallas: diálogos insoportablemente cursis, demasiadas escenas de sexo (a la tercera ya las estaba salteando); personajes satélites cuya única función parece ser meter la nariz en la vida de EVA; y todo lo típico del género.

Sin embargo, podría haber sido mucho peor.

Además, Sylvia Day tiene una pequeña ventaja sobre muchos autores de romance que salieron en los últimos cuatro años: su forma de escribir no es ridícula, no se tira por la prosa púrpura, ni por la exageraciones de fucks en sus voces masculinas; y, por encima de todo, sabe armar un poco mejor a sus personajes principales, ES DECIR, no esconde que son desquiciados ni idealiza (al menos no demasiado) esa locura. Son locos y listo.

En fin, es entretenido. No obstante, creo que mi agrado en este caso proviene del hecho de que lo leí en este momento preciso del año: esta época especial de noviembre/diciembre en la que me encuentro súper ocupada, abrumada con estudios/trabajo/hijo hiperactivo/etc...

Necesitaba un respiro, algo que no me pidiera demasiada inteligencia. Algunos tendrán el fútbol; otros los reality shows; otros el ejercicio; la pintura, lo que sea ... yo tengo estos romances. Y estos días, Reflected in You.

ACLARACIÓN: Bajé mis expectativas al 90% antes de empezar esta novela. ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
Continuation of Gideon & Eva's story was just as interesting to read as the first book, though at times it seemed I was stuck in the same conversations over and over and over again - jeez, don't you people have other things to talk about? On the other hand, this relationship is really life-like, and in life it also sometimes isn't enough to talk things through just once. Reflected In You seemed less sexy, less passionate and less fun - by the middle of the book I still had no idea where this is going. Nathan storyline livened up things a little bit towards the end, though I don't get Eva's reaction when she finds out what happened to him - grateful wouldn't be on my list of things. Closure, yes. Relief, yes. But grateful? How can you ever look at a person the same way when you know he's capable of killing? ( )
  v_allery | Apr 19, 2015 |

I cried, I laughed , I even cursed out Eva and Gideon a few times. Great book with a huge surprise thrown in the mix. Can't wait for the next book!! ( )
  Kimmykay0302 | Apr 13, 2015 |
This one is for Nora Roberts, an inspiration and a true class act.
I loved New York with the kind of mad passion I reserve for only one other thing in my life.

THE #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

THE SENSUAL SAGA OF EVA AND GIDEON CONTINUES in the hotly anticipated follow-up to BARED TO YOU...the New York Times bestselling novel of "EROTIC ROMANCE THAT SHOULD NOT BE MISSED."-- Romance Novel News

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We'd never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:57:14 -0400)

A sequel to Bared to You continues the story of Eva and Gideon, whose violent backgrounds compel them to avoid each other in spite of a passionate, obsessive attraction that threatens to destroy them both.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,858,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible