Deeper in You by Sylvia Day

Deeper in You (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sylvia Day

Title:Deeper in You
Authors:Sylvia Day
Info:Berkley (2012), Kindle Edition

Reflected in You by Sylvia Day (2012)

Recently added byINorris, private library, Brooke79, Jaydlyn, taglinethis, AaronAnthony, Pap3rLady

English (55)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  All languages (58)
Frustrating. Eve kept pissing me off and Gideon too. But I still loved the story... ( )
  Jaydlyn | Sep 13, 2015 |
By the time i finished this book i was in knots.

The sequel left the first book on the ground while it launched into orbit.
It was deep and dark, erotic and heart-breaking, clear and completely confusing.

Basically it was fucking AMAZING!

Eva is one tough cookie, dealing with her past life, her job and a relationship that left her stranded on an uncharted island called unconditional love. She has balls. To deal with so many different situations on face value alone when there are so many indications that the person you love is untrue. The very fact that she had so little to go on and still did the best she could for the people in her life was inspiring. You don't see much of that in this day and age anymore. People tend to protect themselves at all costs. She rocked the book!

Gideon didn't do any less himself. There were moments where i would have liked the opportunity to reach in and bitch-slap the guy for demanding so much and giving close to nothing in return but by the end i was like: You're creepy at moments and high maintenance all the time, but i like you a lot!

Here is a good one about Day, she doesn't leave her books at cliffhangers and i love that. In fact she leaves them at positive endings, with the main event of that book pretty much closed so i wonder what will be installed for book 3.

I can't say i am waiting patiently (got no patience to speak off) but when you are left with no choices.... :)

IvieHill | Aug 6, 2015 |
I really liked it. Gideon is still smokin' hot even though his evasiveness for most of the book got on my nerves! I kept thinking "What is wrong with him?" I was also really proud of Eva for not being a doormat and letting him get away with too much of it! This was a really good addition to the series, but I still think a lot of the dirty talk was pretty random at times and very unnecessary, unless other people talk to their significant others that way at any given moment. I know me and my husband don't (Sorry,babe!) I definitely look forward to the next book, I can't wait to see what's next for Gideon and Eva! ( )
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
4.5 stars

OMG! What a HOT emotional roller coaster! This one was a little bit frustrating and predictable. There were times that I couldn’t help but be furious with Gideon and/or Eva just to turn around and be completely heartbroken with them or hopelessly in love with them. By the shocking ending you will want December 31st to be here so you can read Entwined with You NOW! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
Another entry in the 20 something Contemporary Romance erotica boddice-ripper trope.

This novel lacks the wit of 50 Shades of Grey, but is admittedly better written from a technical perspective. Other than that? It's dull as toast, actually duller than toast. And repetitive. The first novel in this series, Bared to You, is actually better and has more plot. This books is mostly sex. And a lot of the sex does not flow organically from the plot. Nor does it either propel the plot forward or the character's arcs.

The sex is also boring. I skimmed most of the chapters.

The love story? Disturbing. They appear to be more in lust than in love and addicted to the mutual high. The lead character is more abusive and controlling than in the prior novel. The characters do not communicate or talk out their issues, they have brutal sex. The attraction between these two characters seems to be purely physical in character and influenced by a back-history of sexual abuse. The heroine who was brutally raped by her step-brother, enters into a sexually charged and borderline abusive relationship with the damaged hero.

It's hard to care about either character or their relationship. Both come across as self-absorbed, narcissistic and entitled. They care about no one outside of themselves and their immediate family and friends. And do not appear to think twice about using others, including each other, for their own pleasure and goals.

The writing is deeply serious, and overly melodramatic. Lacking again the dry wit and tongue in cheek satire of 50 Shades of Grey, a book that is quite similar to it. As are various novels by Judith McNaught. And I'm told the less than original Twilight novels by Stephanie Meyer.

Not recommended.

cmlloyd67 | Jun 7, 2015 |
This one is for Nora Roberts, an inspiration and a true class act.
I loved New York with the kind of mad passion I reserve for only one other thing in my life.

THE SENSUAL SAGA OF EVA AND GIDEON CONTINUES in the hotly anticipated follow-up to BARED TO YOU...the New York Times bestselling novel of "EROTIC ROMANCE THAT SHOULD NOT BE MISSED."-- Romance Novel News
Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We'd never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.
We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:03 -0400)

A sequel to Bared to You continues the story of Eva and Gideon, whose violent backgrounds compel them to avoid each other in spite of a passionate, obsessive attraction that threatens to destroy them both.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,784,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible