Deeper in You by Sylvia Day

Deeper in You (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sylvia Day

Member:sylviaday
Title:Deeper in You
Authors:Sylvia Day
Info:Berkley (2012), Kindle Edition

Reflected in You by Sylvia Day (2012)

English (65)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  All languages (68)
Again I was swept away into the lives of Eva and Gideon. Full of fire, strife, pain, and love this book just sucks you right on in and holds you without you wanting it to let you go. So much happened in this book and the ending was absolutely unexpected for me, although when I thought about it, it should not have been. I can't wait to read the next book, the story of these two people are absolutely gripping. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
Hahahaha seriously what the fuck is this?

So the first book got two stars out of me, even though it had a LOT of problems. But this book was all aboard the failboat the entire way. Eva becomes much weaker as a character, and she is completely losing all personality and drive just so she can be with the all-mighty Gideon. And Gideon spends much of the book waxing hot and cold about Eva, which is explained in the end, but still.

Gideon starts whaling on some guy (I think his name is Brett - he's one of Eva's exes, who is now a successful singer in a popular band and wrote a song about her, which is their first single) just because he saw Brett and Eva kissing. And Brett started the kiss, not that it should matter. Eva is understandably freaked out, because Gideon is seriously creaming this guy into the pavement for the most part (although Brett does get in a few good blows himself, and he doesn't appear to be horribly worse for wear later in the book), but everyone is just like, oh well, Gideon knows when to stop. Except he looks completely out of control. And then, later that night, Gideon blames Eva for his reaction, turns everything around onto her, and then uses sex as a weapon against her.

Excuse me, how is this hot? Because I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing someone with a severe anger problem who is completely out of control, then takes absolutely no responsibility for his own actions.

And then it gets worse. Really? Yeah, it does.

Gideon commits a highly premeditated murder and kills Nathan Barker, the former step-brother of Eva's who raped he repeatedly. Granted, Barker wasn't exactly a great person - even his own father was saying "oh well" when finding out about his murder - and he was trying to ruin Eva's life again (although Eva didn't know it). All the while, he pushes Eva out of his life so he can set up "plausible deniability" and pretends to carry on with his ex flame and doesn't tell Eva any of this.

This dude is a fucking sociopath.

And when Eva finds out that it is Gideon who kills Nathan - and also conveniently finds out from one of the detectives working the case that Gideon was so meticulous that they'll likely never be able to charge him with the crime, much less convict him - Eva feels...relief and love. Seriously, she doesn't for one second question her decision to spend her life with some dude whom she has known for maybe two months tops who commits such a perfect murder that the freaking detective is saying they'll never be able to catch him.

Honey, if he can kill that guy with no remorse/guilt, he has a SERIOUS problem. And considering that he keeps telling her that he'd never ever let her go no matter what she says or does - how exactly does she think he might react if she decided that this was all too much for her to take and she tried to leave him?

Oh god this is a train wreck of epic proportions.

And yes, I will read the next book just to see how bad it can get. ;) ( )
  schatzi | Mar 26, 2016 |
Wow is all I have to say. This book did not disappoint.
The story of Eva and Gideon continues in a varied paced roller coaster ride - at times it seemed slow and some what draggy, and then it would pick up and run at top speed. I was glad to see that Eva developed a backbone in this story, even though she was deeply & emotionally tied to Gideon. The relationship with Eva's Mother seems healthier in this story, and she actually becomes likeable. We get to meet Eva's Father, though the time spent with him is just a short fluff filler, he seems like nice person and I wouldn't have minded spending more time with him.

Since I don't want to share any spoilers, I'll just say that Cary, Corine, Nathan and a new character Brett all take turns tugging at the emotional heart strings, adding to the drama, love and friendships in this series.

Some of the questions from the first book finally get answered (what happened to Gideon, what is the role of the Dr Lucas, whats up with Gideon's family dynamics etc)and they help to keep Eva fighting for this relationship.

All in all, I really liked the book, didn't want to put it down cause I knew just on the next page was something important to their relationship. Don't doubt Gideon's love for Eva as you will learn he would do anything for her, even if she is unaware of it or hasn't asked for it.

It will be a long time till book three comes out (3 months /-), and I am so vested emotionally in this relationship, I just hope that it is not a quick and easy path (I hate it when it appears authors just want to get the book/story over with) to a HEA for Eva and Gideon, but one that says "I'm glad that happened as they really worked for that happiness".
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
[Tuesday, ‎May ‎13, ‎2014] After finishing the first book in this series, I wasn't sure I wanted to continue. It was way darker than 50 Shades of Grey and kind of sinister. But I couldn't stop wondering what would happen to the characters next so I got the second book. Hope it gets better, and maybe for the characters to redeem themselves.

[Sunday, ‎June ‎8, ‎2014] I like some parts in the story, but there is so much crudity and disturbing parts. I really want to see what's going to happen and how everything is going to work out but sometimes I feel like skimming through it. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
I'm not sure how or why I finished this book as it was a chore and took me forever. The Gideon and Eva relationship was downright abusive and creepy. Even the ~reveal at the end showed what an abuser and stalker Gideon was. Won't be reading the next one. ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
This one is for Nora Roberts,
an inspiration and a true class act.
I loved New York with the kind of mad passion I reserve for only one other thing in my life.
(page 155-156)

Golden girl, there you are.
I'm singing for the crowd, the music's loud.
I'm living my dream, riding high,
But i see you there, sunlight in your hair,
And I'm ready to go, desperate to fly.

Golden girl, there you are.
Dancing for the crowd, the music's loud.
I want you so bad. I can't look away.
Later, You'll drop to your knees. You'll be me please.
And then you'll go, it's only your body I know.

Golden girl, where'd you go?
You're not there, which sunlight in you hair.
I could have you in the bar or the back of my car,
But never your heart. I'm falling apart.
I'll drop to my knees, I'll beg you. Please.

Please don't go. There's so much more I want to know.
Eva, please I'm on my knees.

Golden girl, where'd you go?
I'm singing for the crowd, the music's loud.
And you're not there, with sunlight in your hair.
Eva, please. I'm on my knees.

THE #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

THE SENSUAL SAGA OF EVA AND GIDEON CONTINUES in the hotly anticipated follow-up to BARED TO YOU...the New York Times bestselling novel of "EROTIC ROMANCE THAT SHOULD NOT BE MISSED."-- Romance Novel News

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We'd never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:03 -0400)

A sequel to Bared to You continues the story of Eva and Gideon, whose violent backgrounds compel them to avoid each other in spite of a passionate, obsessive attraction that threatens to destroy them both.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,555,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible