Reflected in You: A Crossfire Novel…

Reflected in You: A Crossfire Novel (Crossfire Series) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sylvia Day, Jill Redfield (Reader)

Member:aimelire
Title:Reflected in You: A Crossfire Novel (Crossfire Series)
Authors:Sylvia Day
Other authors:Jill Redfield (Reader)
Info:Brilliance Audio on CD Unabridged (2012), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Rating:**
Tags:reflected into you

Reflected in You by Sylvia Day (2012)

English (67)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  All languages (70)
So... I was reading this book. I was enjoying it, I would even say. I mean... Yeah. There are some crazy roller-coaster moments. And there were clearly plot happenings that were extremely stage-left that ended up out in the open in the last 50 pages. That's ok. The relationship between these two screwed up people is a lot of push and pull and give and take.

BUT... Really, I cannot emphasize this BUT enough...

That does not make up for the last, oh, 20 lines of this book.

They literally made me go "lol wut". Literally.

Part of Eva's baggage, as learned from the last book, was that she was rapped repeatedly by her step-brother as a kid. He was eventually brought to court, but is not in jail. What we find out in the last 50 pages that, until that point, Eva had been unaware of:
--Nathan(step-brother) finds out that Eva is now in NYC (partially due to the publicity around her and Gideon's ship) and begins stalking her.
-- He goes to her step-father and Gideon to try to blackmail them for money (he has pictures and videos or something equally implausible).
--Neither cave to their demands SO HE ATTACKS EVAS ROOMMATE. WITH A BASEBALL BAT.

This makes sense. Somehow...

Anyway, Gideon decides to take care of this problem on his own. He goes to a party with his ex-fiance (he's publicly dumped Eva, not telling her any reasons behind his asinine actions), stages a fire, leaves the building to walk fifteen minutes to Nathan's hotel (owned by Gideon... I honestly don't think these books have been in a building that is NOT owned by him yet), STABS HIM IN THE HEART somehow avoiding anything messy like blood on his shirt, then calmly walks back to the party, alibi in tact.

I know... You're thinking that there is no way I have made it through 2.9 books of stuff THIS CRAZYSAUSE at this point. Trust me... although the previous plot nonsense was angsty, it was not this insane.

But, wait. There's more!

Eva finds all this out from a POICE OFFICER ASSIGNED TO THE CASE. Yes, you read that right. The officer just straight up tells Eva everything, including why/how the police are pretty sure that Gideon killed Nathan, but that since Nathan was a asshole anyway... Meh, we're dropping the case. Kthxbai!

I just... I'm sputtering again... I mean, this whole ending made me seek out my husband, and explain it all to him just to make sure I wasn't going crazy about how WTF all this was.

THEN!!

Eva, understandably upset, goes to Gideon's apt to find out if all of this is true... He basically confirms it, and what is her reaction?

TO SAY THAT IT'S ALL OKAY!! IT'S ALL OKAY, PEOPLE!!

And...

THEY'LL GET THROUGH IT TOGETHER!!!

They will get through him KILLING A GUY JUST 'CAUSE... TOGETHER!

I just... have... no words anymore. No words...

I am probably never going to read the last book in this series due to that overwhelming WTF moment. Really though! This was a normal story until all of that... CRAZY! Ugh... So... UGHHGHGHGKYGOIUB!

The reason I am leaving it as a 3 star is that I actually did like the story until all that crazy happened. It would have been a 4, but really... I had to knock it down at least one for the homicidal hero. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
This books stabs you where it hurts in the heart.

I love Eva, Gideon, Cary, and as much as I love Corrine I felt sorry for her in this book because sometimes it is hard to love a man who will never feel the same way about you or does he??

Gideon throws me for a loop and I felt like I needed a meeting with Dr. Peterson after reading this. I am so emotionally involved I am started thee next book like NOW!
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
Again I was swept away into the lives of Eva and Gideon. Full of fire, strife, pain, and love this book just sucks you right on in and holds you without you wanting it to let you go. So much happened in this book and the ending was absolutely unexpected for me, although when I thought about it, it should not have been. I can't wait to read the next book, the story of these two people are absolutely gripping. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
Hahahaha seriously what the fuck is this?

So the first book got two stars out of me, even though it had a LOT of problems. But this book was all aboard the failboat the entire way. Eva becomes much weaker as a character, and she is completely losing all personality and drive just so she can be with the all-mighty Gideon. And Gideon spends much of the book waxing hot and cold about Eva, which is explained in the end, but still.

Gideon starts whaling on some guy (I think his name is Brett - he's one of Eva's exes, who is now a successful singer in a popular band and wrote a song about her, which is their first single) just because he saw Brett and Eva kissing. And Brett started the kiss, not that it should matter. Eva is understandably freaked out, because Gideon is seriously creaming this guy into the pavement for the most part (although Brett does get in a few good blows himself, and he doesn't appear to be horribly worse for wear later in the book), but everyone is just like, oh well, Gideon knows when to stop. Except he looks completely out of control. And then, later that night, Gideon blames Eva for his reaction, turns everything around onto her, and then uses sex as a weapon against her.

Excuse me, how is this hot? Because I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing someone with a severe anger problem who is completely out of control, then takes absolutely no responsibility for his own actions.

And then it gets worse. Really? Yeah, it does.

Gideon commits a highly premeditated murder and kills Nathan Barker, the former step-brother of Eva's who raped he repeatedly. Granted, Barker wasn't exactly a great person - even his own father was saying "oh well" when finding out about his murder - and he was trying to ruin Eva's life again (although Eva didn't know it). All the while, he pushes Eva out of his life so he can set up "plausible deniability" and pretends to carry on with his ex flame and doesn't tell Eva any of this.

This dude is a fucking sociopath.

And when Eva finds out that it is Gideon who kills Nathan - and also conveniently finds out from one of the detectives working the case that Gideon was so meticulous that they'll likely never be able to charge him with the crime, much less convict him - Eva feels...relief and love. Seriously, she doesn't for one second question her decision to spend her life with some dude whom she has known for maybe two months tops who commits such a perfect murder that the freaking detective is saying they'll never be able to catch him.

Honey, if he can kill that guy with no remorse/guilt, he has a SERIOUS problem. And considering that he keeps telling her that he'd never ever let her go no matter what she says or does - how exactly does she think he might react if she decided that this was all too much for her to take and she tried to leave him?

Oh god this is a train wreck of epic proportions.

And yes, I will read the next book just to see how bad it can get. ;) ( )
  schatzi | Mar 26, 2016 |
Wow is all I have to say. This book did not disappoint.
The story of Eva and Gideon continues in a varied paced roller coaster ride - at times it seemed slow and some what draggy, and then it would pick up and run at top speed. I was glad to see that Eva developed a backbone in this story, even though she was deeply & emotionally tied to Gideon. The relationship with Eva's Mother seems healthier in this story, and she actually becomes likeable. We get to meet Eva's Father, though the time spent with him is just a short fluff filler, he seems like nice person and I wouldn't have minded spending more time with him.

Since I don't want to share any spoilers, I'll just say that Cary, Corine, Nathan and a new character Brett all take turns tugging at the emotional heart strings, adding to the drama, love and friendships in this series.

Some of the questions from the first book finally get answered (what happened to Gideon, what is the role of the Dr Lucas, whats up with Gideon's family dynamics etc)and they help to keep Eva fighting for this relationship.

All in all, I really liked the book, didn't want to put it down cause I knew just on the next page was something important to their relationship. Don't doubt Gideon's love for Eva as you will learn he would do anything for her, even if she is unaware of it or hasn't asked for it.

It will be a long time till book three comes out (3 months /-), and I am so vested emotionally in this relationship, I just hope that it is not a quick and easy path (I hate it when it appears authors just want to get the book/story over with) to a HEA for Eva and Gideon, but one that says "I'm glad that happened as they really worked for that happiness".
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
This one is for Nora Roberts,
an inspiration and a true class act.
I loved New York with the kind of mad passion I reserve for only one other thing in my life.
(page 155-156)

Golden girl, there you are.
I'm singing for the crowd, the music's loud.
I'm living my dream, riding high,
But i see you there, sunlight in your hair,
And I'm ready to go, desperate to fly.

Golden girl, there you are.
Dancing for the crowd, the music's loud.
I want you so bad. I can't look away.
Later, You'll drop to your knees. You'll be me please.
And then you'll go, it's only your body I know.

Golden girl, where'd you go?
You're not there, which sunlight in you hair.
I could have you in the bar or the back of my car,
But never your heart. I'm falling apart.
I'll drop to my knees, I'll beg you. Please.

Please don't go. There's so much more I want to know.
Eva, please I'm on my knees.

Golden girl, where'd you go?
I'm singing for the crowd, the music's loud.
And you're not there, with sunlight in your hair.
Eva, please. I'm on my knees.

THE #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

THE SENSUAL SAGA OF EVA AND GIDEON CONTINUES in the hotly anticipated follow-up to BARED TO YOU...the New York Times bestselling novel of "EROTIC ROMANCE THAT SHOULD NOT BE MISSED."-- Romance Novel News

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We'd never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:03 -0400)

A sequel to Bared to You continues the story of Eva and Gideon, whose violent backgrounds compel them to avoid each other in spite of a passionate, obsessive attraction that threatens to destroy them both.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,161,166 books! | Top bar: Always visible