Deep & Wide: Creating Churches Unchurched…

Deep & Wide: Creating Churches Unchurched People Love to Attend (edition 2012)

by Andy Stanley

Member:kelvaughan
Title:Deep & Wide: Creating Churches Unchurched People Love to Attend
Authors:Andy Stanley
Info:Zondervan (2012), Hardcover, 352 pages
Tags:Religion, Christian Church, General, Hospitality - Religious Aspects - Christianity, Non-Church-Affiliated People, Church Marketing

Deep and Wide: Creating Churches Unchurched People Love to Attend by Andy Stanley

Deep & Wide should be required reading for any ministry taking a look at itself and wanting to look further than their belly button. Andy is an excellent communicator and deep & wide carries that tradition well. My only dislikes are his generalizations of liberals and those outside his click (Southern Baptist) are lacking and demonstrates not only his bias but also a lot of ignorance, which I'm attributing to lack of exposure so I'm letting it slide. Also, I know more of his story with his dad than he shares and have a different version and feel he was less than truthful; however, that's not my story to tell and leave it up to his conscience to wrestle with it. ( )
  revslick | Dec 28, 2013 |
I recently finished Andy Stanley’s Deep & Wide, which came out in September of last year (2012). Deep & Wide is honest and direct: Andy Stanley wants to change the way you do church. Part auto-biography, part philosophy of ministry, Stanley unpacks the what, why, and how (“the secret sauce”) behind North Point Community Church’s approach to making disciples. This is an opportunity to look behind the curtains at one of America’s most impactful churches.

Some people love everything Andy Stanley does. Others are less impressed (to put it kindly). But here’s the take away: Whatever your gut-level response to Andy Stanley, every church leader in America needs to read this book. I don’t say that because I subscribe to every idea and approach that Stanley describes. Because I don’t. However, Deep & Wide starts a conversation that we so desperately need: “What are we doing to reach the lost?” If you’re in church leadership, I hope and pray that this question keeps you up at night. And Stanley’s book, even if you don’t like all of his answers, will begin a conversation that helps you become more intentional about your approach to reaching the lost – whether or not your approach looks anything like North Point's. ( )
  bsanner | Oct 14, 2013 |

With surprising candor and transparency pastor Andy Stanley explains how one of America's largest churches began with a high-profile divorce and a church split. But that's just the beginning... Deep and Wide provides church leaders with an in-depth look into North Point Community Church and its strategy for creating churches unchurched people absolutely love to attend. Andy writes, 'Our goal is to create weekend experiences so compelling and helpful that even the most skeptical individuals in our community would walk away with every intention of returning the following week...with a friend!' Later he says, 'I want people to fall in love with the Author of Scripture. And while we can't make anyone fall in love, we can certainly arrange a date.' For the first time, Andy explains his strategy for preaching and programming to 'dual audiences': mature believers and cynical unbelievers. He argues that preaching to dual audiences doesn't require communicators to 'dumb down' the content. According to Stanley, it's all in the approach. You'll be introduced to North Point's spiritual formation model: The Five Faith Catalysts. Leaders responsible for ministry programing and production will no doubt love Andy's discussion of the three essential ingredients for creating irresistible environments. For pastors willing to tackle the challenge of transitioning a local congregation, Andy includes a section entitled: Becoming Deep and Wide. If your team is more concerned with who you are reaching than who you are keeping, Deep and Wide will be more than a book you read; it will be a resource you come back to over and over! 'Couldn't be prouder of my son, Andy. And I couldn't be more excited about the content of this book. I wish a resource like this existed when I was starting out in ministry.' - Dr. Charles Stanley, Founder, In Touch Ministries 'Deep and Wide pulls back the curtain for all of us to see what is required behind the scenes to build a prevailing church. I was both challenged and inspired by this book.' - Bill Hybels, author of Just Walk Across the Room 'The most common question I get from pastors is, 'How do I get the people in my church to be open to change?' From now on my answer will be, 'Read Deep and Wide by Andy Stanley'. Thanks Andy. Great book!' - Craig Groeschel, Pastor, LifeChurch.TV, author, It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It 'No one has given me more practical handles for establishing a focused vision than Andy Stanley. Deep and Wide is a rich resource to help all of us stay intentional about the main thing - building a church that reaches people who are far from God.' - Steven Furtick, Lead Pastor, Elevation Church

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:48 -0400)

With surprising candor and transparency pastor Andy Stanley explains how one of America's largest churches began with a high-profile divorce and a church split. But that's just the beginning. Deep and Wide provides church leaders with an in-depth look into North Point Community Church and its strategy for creating churches unchurched people absolutely love to attend. Andy writes, "Our goal is to create weekend experiences so compelling and helpful that even the most skeptical individuals in our community would walk away with every intention of returning the following week, with a friend!" Later he says, "I want people to fall in love with the Author of Scripture. And while we can't make anyone fall in love, we can certainly arrange a date." For the first time, Andy explains his strategy for preaching and programming to "dual audiences": mature believers and cynical unbelievers. He argues that preaching to dual audiences doesn't require communicators to "dumb down" the content. According to Stanley, it's all in the approach. You'll be introduced to North Point's spiritual formation model: The Five Faith Catalysts. Leaders responsible for ministry programing and production will no doubt love Andy's discussion of the three essential ingredients for creating irresistible environments. For pastors willing to tackle the challenge of transitioning a local congregation, Andy includes a section entitled: Becoming Deep and Wide. If your team is more concerned with who you are reaching than who you are keeping, Deep & Wide will be more than a book you read; it will be a resource you come back to over and over! - Publisher.… (more)

19 wanted1 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,313,945 books! | Top bar: Always visible