dismiss

Color Index: Over 1100 Color Combinations, CMYK and RGB Formulas, for…

by Jim Krause

Series: Design Idea Index (2)

Now with digital color swatches! Let Color Index, Revised Edition turbo-charge your creativity all over again for any print or web project. With more than 1100 color combinations, updated RGB formulas, and downloadable digital swatches, this new edition is guaranteed to help you pick the perfect color palette more efficiently than ever before. From progressive colors to natural tones, Color Index, Revised Edition makes choosing hues for any job easy! You'll start working with color in exciting new ways to create original, eye-catching designs that pop off the page. Just look through the book, find a palette that works for your project and then import it into whatever program you're using--Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop. It's never been easier. So go ahead. Explore and experiment with color. Now you've got everything you need, right in the palm of your hand.… (more)

This is my most borrowed book. By that I mean, my housemate Vallan comes and snatches it from my room on almost a weekly basis. But he does so because this book is genuinely awesome!

Rather than explain theory or even explain anything, this book is a series of color palettes that work. That can be frustrating. It's not a knowledge building book. It's a working book.

In the middle of a piece I'm working on, I pick up this book, flip to the sort of tone that I'm looking for (Active! Rich! Muted!). Then I find a color that I like on the outside margin, and find that color in a palette of two to four colors, and BAM! my piece is made all that much better with a sophisticated palette.

One day, I'll learn color theory and be able to know and see why certain colors work with others. Until then, it's almost silly to put this book back on my shelf. It's no more than a couple of days before I (or Vallan) pulls it back out again. ( )
  magonistarevolt | Apr 30, 2020 |
An invaluable tool for beginning graphic designers. ( )
  Katya0133 | Apr 7, 2009 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,884,589 books! | Top bar: Always visible