A Wrinkle in Time: The Graphic Novel by Hope…

A Wrinkle in Time: The Graphic Novel

by Hope Larson

Other authors: Madeleine L'Engle (Original novel)

Series: The Time Quintet (graphic novel)

Meg is a tween and feels overshadowed by her beautiful mother, brilliant and sweet little brother and misses her brilliant father, who disappeared long ago and was a scientist. Witches come to transport Meg and her brother Charles and a friend names Calvin to the dimension of time where Meg and Charles's father is being held prisoner by a brain that controls all thought. The brain takes over Charles's mind; is Meg next and will she rescue her father?
  lummigirl | Jul 18, 2018 |
3.5 really.. while it was disappointing I kinda understood- sadly I've re-read or re-seen books, TV shows and movies I once thought were OUTSTANDING through my youthful eyes, and either my tastes or the times have worn them down. I'm hoping it's just my tastes that have been educated and elevated. ;] ( )
  lollyletsgo | May 31, 2018 |
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. It seemed to keep pretty close to the original text. My only issue would be that the characters looked too much like each other. Some of the characters, that is. I think that would have bothered me less if it had had color illustrations.

Edit: interesting, I didn't notice that this time. The characters looking too much alike, that is. I wonder if that's indicative of my reading habits changing a little over the last 1.5 years-I have definitely read more comics in 18 months. ( )
  gossamerchild88 | Mar 30, 2018 |
Boy, it’s been a long time since I’ve read about Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which! And Meg, Charles Wallace, and Cal too! Actually, so long that I pretty much forgot what this was about, or what tesseract was! I read all three when I was young, but that was quite a bit ago. As an adult, I didn't really understand "IT" or the "black thing" but maybe I did when I was a kid. Weird. I'm hoping my daughter will give this series a try!
p.s. - I seem to remember the book being set in England, and this graphic novel is in the U.S.! Did I miss something? ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Dec 1, 2017 |
Not having read the original book, I can't judge how good an adaptation this is. It appears to suffer the typical adaptation ailments: it rushes a bit, struggling to build up its characters before it leaves them behind. It's also a bit talky and rhetorical in places I'd prefer to see action. The art is quite good, and the story is mostly clear, though, and that's impressive given what I'm told is a complex and long book to adapt. ( )
  mrgan | Oct 30, 2017 |

Larson, Hopeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
L'Engle, MadeleineOriginal novelsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Is an adaptation of

It was a dark and stormy night.

The world already knows Meg and Charles Wallace Murry, Calvin O'Keefe, and the three Mrs--Who, Whatsit, and Which--the memorable and wonderful characters who fight off a dark force and save our universe in the Newbery award-winning classic A Wrinkle in Time. But in 50 years of publication, the book has never been illustrated.  Now, Hope Larson takes the classic story to a new level with her vividly imagined interpretations of tessering and favorite characters like the Happy Medium and Aunt Beast. Perfect for old fans and winning over new ones, this graphic novel adaptation is a must-read.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:20 -0400)

A graphic novel adaptation of the classic tale in which Meg Murry and her friends become involved with unearthly strangers and a search for Meg's father, who has disappeared while engaged in secret work for the government.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,984,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible