Where to Look for a Dinosaur by Bernard Most

Where to Look for a Dinosaur (edition 1993)

by Bernard Most

Member:LauraMcQueen
Title:Where to Look for a Dinosaur
Authors:Bernard Most
Info:Harcourt Children's Books (1993), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 32 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:nonfiction, dinosaurs, world

Where to Look for a Dinosaur by Bernard Most

I liked this book. It gave a really great idea of where different kinds of dinosaurs have been found all over the world. I really enjoyed learning about some dinosaurs I had never heard of. I also really liked that the book gave the pronunciation of each dinosaurs name so I was not left guess. I think that my future students would really enjoy this book and I think that it would be a fantastic accompaniment to any science lesson about dinosaurs. I also liked the fact that the book related each place a dinosaur was found to something that is in that place modern day. I think this could really help students make the cognitive connection between which dinosaur lived in which place. ( )
  LauraMcQueen | Jan 29, 2013 |
Where to look for a dinosaur is a very informational book. I tells you the scientific name of different dinosaurs and where you may be able to find fossils of them. There is a particular "cheesy" factor added to this book to keep the child interest but as Jason David Frank (one of the original Power Rangers) once said, "Children love cheese: cheeseburgers, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, and just plane cheese, they eat this kind of stuff up. ( )
  lmhudson | Nov 19, 2012 |
This is a great source for learng about where dinosaurs lived. It gives many interesting facts about the different kinds of dinosaurs. At the end of the book, a list of dinosurs and the meusams they are located incan be found. ( )
  ebruno | Jun 24, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152015043, Paperback)

Do you know that dinosaurs have been found on every continent of the globe? Bernard Most shows young readers where many of them lived and includes some facts--and some fantasies--about their anatomy, habits, or habitat. Included is a list of major museums all over the world that house dinosaur fossils.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:02 -0400)

Describes various types of dinosaurs and where fossils have been found throughout the world. Features a list of museums with dinosaur collections.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,987,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible