Take This Regret by A. L. Jackson

Take This Regret (edition 2012)

by A. L. Jackson

Rating:*****
Tags:2012

Take This Regret (Take This Regret, #1) by A. L. Jackson

This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & MoreReview
This book left me feeling just okay. I didn't love or hate it, just have lukewarm feelings about it.

I did like that Elizabeth is so determined to raise her daughter. She does a pretty damn good job too! I had love/hate feelings toward Christian. At the beginning he is awful. He acts like a first class douche. But then he pretty much insists that he has to be in their daughter's life.

Most of the book is Elizabeth and Christian fighting their feelings for each other. Elizabeth doesn't think she can trust him, and Christian wants nothing more than to be in her life. I loved the honesty in their emotions. You feel everything they are. And there are so many times where there were tears streaming down my face.

The only reason it was an okay read was because it felt like it was too much of the same thing constantly. Otherwise it was a terrific read. And it points out some things that actually happen in life. I'm a big fan of A.L. Jackson, and her books always bring things into perspective. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
I will review this soon. This is my favorite from A.L. Jackson so far! ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
I really liked this book up until the end. I understand Elizabeth being scared herself, but to not allow Christian to see their daughter especially with Lizzie becoming very sad, unhappy and not speaking. I honestly can't imagine doing that to my child and not caring. If she didn't want to see Christian then she could have had Christian pick up and drop off Lizzie at Natalie and Matthew's place instead. Elizabeth's actions made me ill, and it kind of ruined the entire book for me. I hate spending all that time reading a book, and getting so close to the end only to have the entire book ruined by an obnoxious, selfish female character. Once you have kids, it isn't about you anymore; it's about what's best for your child and clearly keeping Lizzie from her father was NOT best for her. Get over yourself for the sake of your daughter! ( )
  DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |
  DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |
Out of the two books I have read by this author, Take This Regret is my favourite, although I enjoyed both of them. It is written from both main characters perspectives which gives you a rounded flow of the story as it unfolds with Christian trying to make amends for his past mistakes and Elizabeth trying to let go of all the hurt and pain their parting caused her. ( )
  Daydreambooks | Jul 20, 2013 |
To my family, Chad, Devyn, Eli, and Braydon. And to my sweet inspiration, Parker Elizabeth
Christian let go.

Elizabeth and Christian are a young couple, bound to finish law school, and are in love. That is until Elizabeth becomes pregnant and Christian no longer wants anything to do with her. Heart-broken, Elizabeth drops out of school and starts to raises her daughter Lizzie. Five years pass and Christian can only think about the family he turned his back on. After becoming an established attorney, Christian moves from New York and runs into his daughter only to be captured by her. His goal is to win his family back.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,806,295 books! | Top bar: Always visible