Beautiful Creatures: The Manga by Kami…

Beautiful Creatures: The Manga (edition 2013)

by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Cassandra Jean

Title:Beautiful Creatures: The Manga
Authors:Kami Garcia
Other authors:Margaret Stohl, Cassandra Jean
Info:Yen Press (2013), Hardcover, 240 pages

Beautiful Creatures: The Manga by Kami Garcia

This manga is an adaptation of the novel Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margeret Stohl. I enjoyed the novel enough to pick up this manga. It wasn't the worst graphic translation I have read, but it certainly wasn't the best. It is noticeably shorter than the book (which is pretty long). However, the main points are still there. The part I liked most about the graphic novel was that it explained things better than the book did, which was unexpected. There we're things in Beautiful Creatures that I remember not really understanding, but when I read the manga, I got it. This might be due to myself not reading the book right or analyzing it enough, but regardless, the manga helped sum up any questions I had about the book.
The cover of this manga is beautiful. It's like a newer version of the Beautifuk Creatures novel. The artwork inside isn't amazing though. I am not a huge manga fan. I like graphic novels with other kinds of artwork. Manga just isn't my thing. I wish that there was some color in the art as well. The art could've incorperated some really cool effects due to all the magic and rituals in the plot line , but it fell short.
If you are a fan of Beautiful Creatures and the rest of the series, I do highly recommend this manga. However, if you were a little iffy in what you thought about Beautiful Creatures, don't go for this extra. It won't be worth your time.

This review was originally posted on Goodreads.com
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1354037146?book_show_action=false ( )
  MyBookishThoughts | Sep 20, 2015 |
Rating: 4

Some confusing parts and foul language. Full review coming soon. ( )
  blog_gal | Jul 26, 2014 |
Rating: 4

Some confusing parts and foul language. Full review coming soon. ( )
  blog_gal | Jul 26, 2014 |
Pretty good graphic novel. Fantastic imagery, and very creative storyline that lent itself very well to a graphic novel. ( )
  MadameSush | Oct 27, 2013 |
It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was way better than the movies and just as good as the series. I read it as soon as i got it home!. It was creepy and a very good love story. I recommend the 500 page series because those are AMAZING!!! ( )
  oceanna | Oct 23, 2013 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jean, CassandraIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

In a graphic novel adaptation of the book, sixteen-year-old Ethan is powerfully drawn to Lena, a new classmate with whom he shares a psychic connection and whose family hides a dark secret that may be revealed on her sixteenth birthday.

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

20 wanted4 pay2 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,957,678 books! | Top bar: Always visible