Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Final Dawn: Episode 1 by Mike Kraus

Final Dawn: Episode 1 (edition 2012)

by Mike Kraus

Info:Fading Light Press (2012), Edition: 1.4, Kindle Edition, 43 pages
Collections:eLibrary, Ron to rate
Tags:eBook; Fiction-Post-Apocalyptic

Final Dawn: Episode 1 by Mike Kraus

This was not exactly what I was expecting. This episode was a really great introduction to a bunch of characters and while I thought I would get them confused, instead I became very interested in each of their stories.

This is the introduction to the end of the world. Who has survived? What happens next?

Check this series out! ( )
  rvenfrost | May 11, 2014 |
Final Dawn: Episode 1 sets the stage for a post apocalyptic America set in the future. This seems to be currently hot topic and the author tackles it with a four character time line. The time line was broken up by time and date stamps before it would proceed to discuss the characters. At each stamp I found my self trying to make a mental list of the characters skill sets and geographical location, it bothered me that the time line was not in chronological order. Two of the characters seemed to have a grasp on what was happening, while the remain two were puzzled as to what was going on. Was taken a bit out of the story when confusion on what a mushroom cloud be. The "episode" was brief and left it wide open for following episodes. ( )
  PagePenguin | Sep 15, 2012 |
Nancy Sims is looking forward to her new job as an accountant in Florida. She's trying to make her way there from her old hometown of Denver over the course of a weekend before she's to start her new job. Yet nothing seems to be going her way, a flat tire and a speeding ticket which leave her more behind schedule than before. Leonard McComb is a sanitation engineer working in New York City, who happens to like his job, despite what his family thinks. He does his job really well even if he's getting passed over for raises. Marcus Warden is a hard working man that loves his parents very much and would do anything for them. He just loves to be outdoors and doesn't feel the need of having a wife or children. He is self-made man that doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. Rachel Walsh is often away from home due to her job yet feels that her teenage daughter can help out around the house so she doesn't have to do so much. Rachel is constantly fighting with Julie to help out. When Rachel's husband Jeremy steps in to help with Julie, Rachel let's out a relieved sigh. These might be your typical everyday people from our current time of 2012 yet they belong to 2038. What do all these people have in common? Will these people ever meet? Your answers await you in Final Dawn. ( )
  WolfFaerie17 | Aug 31, 2012 |
I got a copy of this from the member giveaway, took me awhile to get around to reading it, but I finally did. I was really excited about this book when I read the description of it, but it just didn't really cut it for me. It really bugged me how clueless the characters were to the apocalypse, two of them witnessed the detonations and it seemed like they had no clue what it was. It would make sense if this book was set 70 years ago, but it's set in the future, and honestly everyone older than a toddler knows what an atomic blast looks like. I really hope the author can really pull it together for the next part because I still want to see where he plans on going with this story. ( )
  squintzor | Jul 28, 2012 |
I received this book free from MG in exchange for a review. I really, really wanted to like it and if you read my other reviews, you would see that it is not hard to please me in a literary sense. This is my favorite genre and I have read hundreds of books both good and bad and unfortunately this one goes in the very small "bad" pile. There was just no reason to care about the characters, no emotional investment, they were kind of washed out, stereotypical people, barely reacting to the bombs dropping in the distance. This one also seems to have the "left behind" element as all the other people seem to have completely disappeared. That makes me even less interested in continuing. I would recommend that the author attempt to write a cohesive, full length story before attempting chapter books/novellas. ( )
  Steelyshan | Jul 17, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Mike Kraus's book Final Dawn: Episode 1 was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Mike Kraus is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,489,589 books! | Top bar: Always visible