Reason to Breathe: The Breathing Series…

Reason to Breathe: The Breathing Series (Volume 1) (edition 2012)

by Rebecca Donovan

2921938,453 (4.05)3
Member:saders18
Title:Reason to Breathe: The Breathing Series (Volume 1)
Authors:Rebecca Donovan
Info:Wood Street Publishing (2012), Paperback, 386 pages
Rating:*****

Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan

This was such a frustrating book, but it had really good moments and I was very enthralled with her writing. BUT she has a Dick Francis thing going on, where main character was beaten to sh** all the time for no good reason, but she stoically took it. I find that annoying and not at all interesting/enjoyable.
  aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |
BEST BOOK EVER!!! ( )
  AaminahNisa | Sep 15, 2014 |
once I actually started reading this book It consumed me and I could not put it down, I needed to know what happened next.. I truly understand why she felt the need to just deal with what was happening to her , versus saying something to someone other then Sara. ( )
  Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |
this book had me on an emotional roller-coaster. I really had a lump in my throat and chest when I was reading all of Emma's tribulations. I was wanting to hug her and protect her. It was heart wrenching watching her go through all that and the thought processes just made me full of angst and sympathy for her. I loved Evan and Sara and could feel their feelings of hopelessness and also their deep devotion to help Emma, even though they did not know the extent of her suffering.
I am lucky that I had the second book, Barely Breathing, to keep reading, straight after taking a deep breathe and closing my mouth after my jaw had dropped, when I read what is one of the biggest cliffhangers I have ever read.
You really know how to make a heart stop Rebecca Donovan ( )
  Artfullee | Apr 8, 2014 |
*****POSSIBLE SPOILERS*****
I really liked this book. The author did a great job of making the characters coming alive to me. I always held out hope that things would get better for the main character. When the book was ending I thought she was finally going to get out and be able to be happy but that didn't happen and the book left me feeling sad for all the characters in the book. ( )
  mattidw | Dec 17, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0615581927, Paperback)

"No one tried to get involved with me, and I kept to myself. This was the place where everything was supposed to be safe and easy. How could Evan Mathews unravel my constant universe in just one day?" He knows there’s something more to the girl sitting in the back of the class the moment he sees her. She’s beautiful, intelligent, and athletic – but she slips quietly through the crowded halls, trying not to exist. Determined to get to know the elusive girl, Evan soon discovers… Emma Thomas is hiding a terrible a secret. Reason to Breathe is an electrifying page turner from start to finish, a unique tale of life-changing love, unspeakable cruelty, and one girl’s fragile grasp of hope.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:18 -0400)

In the affluent town of Weslyn, Connecticut, where most people worry about what to be seen in and who to be seen with, Emma Thomas would rather not be seen at all. She's more concerned with feigning perfection- pulling down her sleeves to conceal the bruises, not wanting anyone to know how far from perfect her life truly is. Without expecting it, she finds love. It challenges her to recognize her own worth- at the risk of revealing the terrible secret she's desperate to hide.--From back cover.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,014,935 books! | Top bar: Always visible