Reason to Breathe: The Breathing Series…

Reason to Breathe: The Breathing Series (Volume 1) (edition 2012)

by Rebecca Donovan

Title:Reason to Breathe: The Breathing Series (Volume 1)
Authors:Rebecca Donovan
Info:Wood Street Publishing (2012), Paperback, 386 pages

Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan

Wow, a powerful tale of a young woman's journey through high school while enduring the horrible burden of living in an abusive household. The pace of the story is slow but it is needed in my opinion to get the full impact of what Emma is living through. She makes it through everyday with the help of her friend Sara. She's counting down the days until she can leave for college and gets through fine until the new guy in school Evan Mathews turns her world up side down. This is a great read but be warned it is not the complete story. Emma's story continues through two additional books. Her story is worth the time and I highly recommend it. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book! I hardly ever find myself reading a ful, 500 page book in two days but this book consumed me. I looked for every reason to pick it up and contine where I left off reading it. It was truly fantastic. 4/5 stars because in some parts it was just not realistic, even for a fictional book. Buut overall I loved the ride my emotions were sent on. If I didn';t have the second book on hand as soon as I finished the first, I'm positive I would've been VERY upset with the ending. But it was definitely a good read. ( )
  StellaPayge | Sep 7, 2015 |
This was such a frustrating book, but it had really good moments and I was very enthralled with her writing. BUT she has a Dick Francis thing going on, where main character was beaten to sh** all the time for no good reason, but she stoically took it. I find that annoying and not at all interesting/enjoyable.
  aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |
  AaminahNisa | Sep 15, 2014 |
once I actually started reading this book It consumed me and I could not put it down, I needed to know what happened next.. I truly understand why she felt the need to just deal with what was happening to her , versus saying something to someone other then Sara. ( )
  Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0615581927, Paperback)

"No one tried to get involved with me, and I kept to myself. This was the place where everything was supposed to be safe and easy. How could Evan Mathews unravel my constant universe in just one day?" He knows there’s something more to the girl sitting in the back of the class the moment he sees her. She’s beautiful, intelligent, and athletic – but she slips quietly through the crowded halls, trying not to exist. Determined to get to know the elusive girl, Evan soon discovers… Emma Thomas is hiding a terrible a secret. Reason to Breathe is an electrifying page turner from start to finish, a unique tale of life-changing love, unspeakable cruelty, and one girl’s fragile grasp of hope.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:18 -0400)

In the affluent town of Weslyn, Connecticut, where most people worry about what to be seen in and who to be seen with, Emma Thomas would rather not be seen at all. She's more concerned with feigning perfection- pulling down her sleeves to conceal the bruises, not wanting anyone to know how far from perfect her life truly is. Without expecting it, she finds love. It challenges her to recognize her own worth- at the risk of revealing the terrible secret she's desperate to hide.--From back cover.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,874,070 books! | Top bar: Always visible