Reason to Breathe: The Breathing Series…

Reason to Breathe: The Breathing Series (Volume 1) (edition 2012)

by Rebecca Donovan

Member:saders18
Title:Reason to Breathe: The Breathing Series (Volume 1)
Authors:Rebecca Donovan
Info:Wood Street Publishing (2012), Paperback, 386 pages
Rating:*****

Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan

This book really grabbed me and the end was just as interesting as the beginning, which is why I decided to read book 2 right away. I read this book by borrowing it from Amazon Prime and bought the other two books of the series before I finished it. The series is very well written and captivating. ( )
  KatKealy | Jun 2, 2017 |
I don't know what to say about this book. The first half left me heartbroken but when Evan left and Emma started hanging out with the other boy I sort of started losing interest and didn't care as much about what was going to happen to her.
That left me with a feeling of annoyance while reading the rest of the book. Because all my friends kept telling me to read it for ages and how great the book was, I think I went into it with so much expectation and felt a bit let down. I think if I had read this book 6 months ago it would have been different but I have read so many books with the same theme now that I sort of expect more. It is my own fault for having waited so long to read it and I am only disappointed with myself. I will still read the other 2 books to see where the story goes. ( )
  crisana | Jun 2, 2016 |
Amazing book, but so sad, I gotta read the next book as soon as possible. ( )
  ThilW | Jan 26, 2016 |
This book has received rave reviews and the premise sounded interesting, but it ended up being just another unrealistic teen romance. Emma is physically and emotionally abused by her aunt, which is quite descriptive and violent, but honestly, these parts of the book add the only drama to an otherwise monotonous story. ( )
1 vote HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
Definitely a must read...... this is going to be a good trilogy once "Out of Breath" is released! ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0615581927, Paperback)

"No one tried to get involved with me, and I kept to myself. This was the place where everything was supposed to be safe and easy. How could Evan Mathews unravel my constant universe in just one day?" He knows there’s something more to the girl sitting in the back of the class the moment he sees her. She’s beautiful, intelligent, and athletic – but she slips quietly through the crowded halls, trying not to exist. Determined to get to know the elusive girl, Evan soon discovers… Emma Thomas is hiding a terrible a secret. Reason to Breathe is an electrifying page turner from start to finish, a unique tale of life-changing love, unspeakable cruelty, and one girl’s fragile grasp of hope.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:18 -0400)

In the affluent town of Weslyn, Connecticut, where most people worry about what to be seen in and who to be seen with, Emma Thomas would rather not be seen at all. She's more concerned with feigning perfection- pulling down her sleeves to conceal the bruises, not wanting anyone to know how far from perfect her life truly is. Without expecting it, she finds love. It challenges her to recognize her own worth- at the risk of revealing the terrible secret she's desperate to hide.--From back cover.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,236,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible