Spirit and Dust by Rosemary Clement-Moore

Spirit and Dust

by Rosemary Clement-Moore

I love how creepy the cover is and I have already read The Splendour Falls by this author and remember how surprisingly creepy that novel was. However, this novel isn't creepy at all, but I found it enjoyable nonetheless.

There was lots of action and adventure, which I appreciated and I didn't expect any of the twists, which was nice. Some of the romance was a bit cringey, but I've definitely seen worse in other novels, so I wasn't too fazed by it.

I really enjoyed the action scenes in the book as no two were alike and took place in several different locations, which made it so that I was hooked all the way through and I'm sure you will be too if you decide to give it a go. ( )
  AmyJ96 | Dec 1, 2013 |
Daisy Goodnight is a college student who helps out the police from time to time to solve murders. She can see and talk to ghosts to find out who the killer is. When the FBI takes her to Minnesota to help solve the abduction of the daughter of a mobster. But the mobster is not happy with the FBI so he takes things into his own hands, including Daisy. Now she is under a spell and she has to find the missing girl.

I enjoyed this book. Daisy is a fun character. My only complaint is that the book was a bit all over the place. There was so much going on that it was a bit too much for me. But I did like most of it and will definitely read the next book. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | Aug 6, 2013 |

Waking up in a mob boss's guest bedroom, psychic detective Daisy Goodnight is forced to use her ability to speak with ghosts in order to search throughout the country to locate her captor's daughter and discover the identity of the Black Jackal.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,570,190 books! | Top bar: Always visible