A Fatal Twist of Lemon: A Wisteria Tearoom…

A Fatal Twist of Lemon: A Wisteria Tearoom Mystery (Volume 1) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Patrice Greenwood

Member:LynC49
Title:A Fatal Twist of Lemon: A Wisteria Tearoom Mystery (Volume 1)
Authors:Patrice Greenwood
Info:Book View Cafe (2012), Paperback, 274 pages

A Fatal Twist of Lemon by Patrice Greenwood (2012)

English (45)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (48)
This was a delightful and well-written book. The tea room provided the perfect backdrop. I can't wait to read the next book by this author. ( )
  p1nes | Nov 10, 2014 |
Summer means reading mystery novels for me, and right now I am slowly reading through the TBR pile. This was a recent purchase, and I am glad I read it. The setting was wonderful, and believable. The cast of characters was a delight. I loved following Ellen as she interacted with her staff, family, friends as she searched for the killer. What especially made me happy was how Ellen and Tony butted head, since he was a bit of a brute sometimes.

And, most of all it lacked my main pet peeve when it comes to mysteries: The plot wasn't bogged down with all the details of the main characters daily life. ( )
  Mikaela_l | Sep 21, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Cozy like mystery, but more character development would have helped the flow of the story. Rather unnecessary subplot involving a ghost made the book far less likeable, but overall a good plane read. ( )
  parelle | Mar 18, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A classic whodunit. Well written and entertaining mystery that captures the spirit of Santa Fe. ( )
  tgford | Mar 5, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was an easy, quick read. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything special. Also, I did not care for the ending, it seemed a bit rush. Although the culprit was discovered, the author did not go much into motive other than speculation during earlier parts of the book. Overall, thought, it was a fine book and I would consider reading further ones in the series. ( )
  SullyTJ | Jan 1, 2013 |
for the St. James Tearoom
The first day my tearoom opened was wonerful - mostly.

Cops drink coffee. They don't belong in Ellen Rosings's Victorian tearoom. But when her opening day thank-you tea ends in the murder of the president of the Santa Fe Preservation Trust, the police invade her haven. Enter Detective Tony Aragon: attractive and unsympathetic, with a chip on his shoulder that goes beyond the murder investigation, and Ellen's delicate bone china cup is full. Is the murderer one of her honored guests, or the ghost rumored to haunt the building? Will Ellen solve the mystery, or will the Wisteria Tearoom's premiere turn out to be its - and Ellen's - finale?… (more)

Pati Nagle is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

29 wanted1 pay1 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

A Fatal Twist of Lemon by Patrice Greenwood was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,070,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible