In His Own Write by John Lennon

In His Own Write (1964)

by John Lennon

Stephen King once said that once he became established that "they would publish [his] laundry list." John Lennon's laundry list might have been more interesting than this unmitigated glop. If I hadn't been a Beatles' fan when I bought it.... ( )
1 vote gryphondear | Jan 13, 2009 |
Witty, funny, brainy, doodles... But charming! Fun to go back to. ( )
1 vote UPMarta | Nov 29, 2006 |

Lennon, Johnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Curman, PeterTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hollo, AnselmTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lindahl, IngemarTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"In His Own Write" is a collection of John Lennon's absurd prose, poetry, and illustrations, published in 1964. It should not be combined with "In His Own Words", a posthumously-published book of excerpts from various interviews.

It should also not be combined with the omnibus "In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works", which contains both this book and its sequel.

Poetry, humor, satire

About The Awful

I was bored on the 9th of Octover 1940 when, I believe, the Nasties were still booming us led by Madolf Heatlump (who only had one). Anyway they didn't get me. I attended to varicous schools in Liddypol. And still didn't pass -- much to my Aunties supplies. As a member of the most publified Beatles my (P, G, and R's) records might seem funnier to some of you than this book, but as far as I'm conceived this correction of short writty is the most wonderfoul larf I've every ready.

God help and breed you all.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:14 -0400)

A former member of the Beatles, John Lennon's death in 1980 shocked the world. Here he discusses his life and achievements in this collection of BBC Radio and TV interviews: Tonight, BBC TV, June 1965. The World of Books, BBC Radio, July 1965. The Beatles in New York, BBC Radio, August 1965. Release, BBC TV, June 1968. BBC Radio archive interview, March 1969. BBC Radio archive interview, January 1970, featuring Yoko Ono. The Lennon Tapes, BBC Radio, January 1981, with Andy Peebles and Yoko Ono.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,327,784 books! | Top bar: Always visible