In Search of the Far Side by Gary Larson

In Search of the Far Side (original 1984; edition 1991)

by Gary Larson

Member:hmvh
Title:In Search of the Far Side
Authors:Gary Larson
Info:Futura Publications (1991), Hardcover, 104 pages

In Search Of The Far Side by Gary Larson (1984)

Okay - so I have a bunch of these and I suspect that for the most, I'll be saying the same things for each volume.

First - I didn't know "The Far Side" was published as early as 1984 (and probably earlier). Which is interesting - because there are style shifts from one comic to the next, showing how Gary Larson's drawing style evolved.

These are funny. Even 25 years after publishing date - they hold up to the times. Larson has a talent for creating dark humor with a simple drawing - its an amazing talent which few cartoonist have.

Not all of these comics are funny. A few of them, I didn't understand what the story was, or that it was difficult to understand the punch line due to bad drawings.

But for the most part, these are funny. They are dark, and I found myself chuckling at them. ( )
  TheDivineOomba | Aug 23, 2015 |
As always, Gary Larson delivers. In Search of the Far Side is funny, provocative, and insightful, like all of Larson's books. Unfortunately, as with most comics strips, it's either all or nothing, love it or hate it. If you like Larson, then you are guaranteed to love this book. If you don't care for Larson...why are you here? ( )
  benuathanasia | Nov 30, 2008 |
One of the better cartoons out here. Larson's cartoon/commentary books are also worth the read.
  kwisple | Sep 9, 2008 |
Typical, crazy, funny, madness by Gary Larson
  aleshel | Sep 18, 2007 |
The Far Side by Gary Larson. Either you found him funny or you didn't. I thought he was hilarious. He combined absolute stupidity with intelegent acadamia and a dash of outrageousness. Stir, chill and serve. ( )
1 vote readafew | Feb 1, 2007 |
"Well, we're lost...And it's probably just a matter of time before someone decides to shoot us."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0836220609, Paperback)

The Far Side® and the Larson® signature are registered trademarks of FarWorks, Inc.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:39 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,394,826 books! | Top bar: Always visible