Killing Kennedy : The end of Camelot by Bill…

Killing Kennedy : The end of Camelot (2012)

by Bill O'Reilly, Martin Dugard (Author), Rick Pracher (Cover designer), Meryl S. Levavi (Designer), Gene Thorp (Cartographer)

Series: Killing (2)

Member:flabuckeye
Title:Killing Kennedy : The end of Camelot
Authors:Bill O'Reilly (Author)
Other authors:Martin Dugard (Author), Rick Pracher (Cover designer), Meryl S. Levavi (Designer), Gene Thorp (Cartographer)
Info:New York, Henry Holt and Company, LLC
Rating:**1/2
Tags:nonfiction, history, presidents, assassinations

Killing Kennedy : The End of Camelot by Bill O'Reilly (2012)

Well written factual account of Kennedy's life, his loves, and his death. It was a quick read. I especially enjoyed the account of LBJ's relationship, or lack thereof, with the President and Bobby Kennedy. ( )
  LivelyLady | Sep 10, 2016 |
Great Read! Bill O'Reilly has such a way of a telling a story that you do not realize that you are actually learning history. There were so many things about this great American President and his death that I did not know. So glad I read this. ( )
  angbenton | Sep 2, 2016 |
Killing Kennedy, a good read that I recommend to my friends. It was interesting as I wasn't aware of a lot of the history in and around that time frame. Apparently I didn't pay attention in history class too well. So with that being said, I think that the information was helpful to me so I could understand what it was like.

I read this book pretty quickly, and enjoyed it and enjoyed the follow up of the people involved at the end of the book.

gma2lana | May 9, 2016 |
One thing I took away from the book is that the FBI investigated Oswald, he went from being an American Citizen to a Russian Citizen then back to an American Citizen how this did not send up red flags no pun intended. ( )
  yvonne.sevignykaiser | Apr 2, 2016 |
The book covers a lot of ground that the Warren Commission took hundreds of pages to say. Quick read. ( )
  GeneHunter | Mar 13, 2016 |

Bill O'Reillyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dugard, Martinsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my ancestors,
the Kennedys of Yonkers, New York.
Hardworking, generous, and honest folks.
It is February 1961.

A riveting historical narrative of the shocking events surrounding the assassination of John F. Kennedy, and the follow-up to mega-bestselling author Bill O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln.

More than a million readers have thrilled to Bill O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln, the page-turning work of nonfiction about the shocking assassination that changed the course of American history. Now the anchor of The O'Reilly Factor; recounts in gripping detail the brutal murder of John Fitzgerald Kennedy--and how a sequence of gunshots on a Dallas afternoon not only killed a beloved president but also sent the nation into the cataclysmic division of the Vietnam War and its culture-changing aftermath.

In January 1961, as the Cold War escalates, John F. Kennedy struggles to contain the growth of Communism while he learns the hardships, solitude, and temptations of what it means to be president of the United States. Along the way he acquires a number of formidable enemies, among them Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev, Cuban dictator Fidel Castro, and Alan Dulles, director of the Central Intelligence Agency. In addition, powerful elements of organized crime have begun to talk about targeting the president and his brother, Attorney General Robert Kennedy.

In the midst of a 1963 campaign trip to Texas, Kennedy is gunned down by an erratic young drifter named Lee Harvey Oswald. The former Marine Corps sharpshooter escapes the scene, only to be caught and shot dead while in police custody.

The events leading up to the most notorious crime of the twentieth century are almost as shocking as the assassination itself. Killing Kennedy chronicles both the heroism and deceit of Camelot, bringing history to life in ways that will profoundly move the reader. This may well be the most talked about book of the year.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:10 -0400)

Recounts in gripping detail the brutal murder of John Fitzgerald Kennedy--and how a sequence of gunshots on a Dallas afternoon not only killed a beloved president but also sent the nation into the cataclysmic division of the Vietnam War and its culture-changing aftermath.… (more)

409 wanted4 pay4 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,185,492 books! | Top bar: Always visible