Psalms 73-150 by Derek Kidner
1,012212,631 (3.64)None

Tyndale series is a good, if uneven, mid-level, conservative commentary series. Kidner's Psalms commentaries are good. Doesn't untangle thorny text critical issues and he generally takes the conservative stance, but a lot of what he says here has been helpful and has opened up the psalms for me as much as some of my more technical commentaries. ( )
  Jamichuk | May 22, 2017 |
Bible, O.T. Commentary
  CPI | Jun 30, 2016 |

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want" . . . "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet" . . . "Search me, O God, and know my heart" . . . Such phrases leap to mind each time a Christian lifts his or her heart to God. For many, in fact, the book of Psalms is the richest part of the Old Testament.Renowned scholar Derek Kidner provides a fresh and penetrating guide to Psalms 73-150. As in the companion volume (Psalms 1-72), he analyzes each psalm in depth, comments on interpretive questions and lays bare the universal relevance of the texts.This helpful companion to the book of Psalms, while not specifically devotional, will inspire and deepen personal worship.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:15 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,846,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible