My Mother Was Nuts by Penny Marshall

My Mother Was Nuts (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Penny Marshall

Title:My Mother Was Nuts
Authors:Penny Marshall
Info:New Harvest (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 352 pages

My Mother Was Nuts by Penny Marshall (2012)

I love Penny Marshall and have loved her since first seeing her in Laverne & Shirley. This is a very entertaining book read by Penny herself. I thought it might be hard with her thick accent but it wasn't. She read it with passion getting emotional when talking about her Mom's death and 9/11. It was really interesting to hear about the behind-the-scenes of the movies she directed and also the Laverne & Shirley show. If you like Penny then you will enjoy this. I recommend grabbing the audiobook. It will bring Penny directly to you. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
I listened to the audio version of this book which is read by the author.

I learned quite a bit I did not know about Penny Marshall: She was on the Jackie Gleason Show, she was in commercials, she really did not plan to be an actress let alone direct films.

Her brother Gary Marshall, which I did know she was related to Gary, is the one who opened the doors to get her career going. I loved her in Laverne and Shirley and have enjoyed the many films she has directed.

If you like Hollywood bios this is worth the read or a listen.

yvonne.sevignykaiser | Apr 2, 2016 |
Ray Porter
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Putting back on the to-read list for now; I guess I'm just not in the mood.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
Penny is very funny and her story is interesting, but it bogged down for me when she went into great detail about every movie she has made. There is a lot of name dropping here ( )
  Koren56 | Feb 4, 2016 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0547892624, Hardcover)

Penny Marshall's Photo Album

Click on thumbnails for larger images

Penny and Rob Reiner cutting the cake at their 1971 backyard Hollywood wedding.   Penny with her close friend John Belushi in New York in 1976. John passed away in 1982.   Art Garfunkel on a motorcycle trip through France and Italy with Penny.   Penny with her daughter, Tracy; Tracy’s husband, Matt; and their children Spencer, Bella, and Viva in 2011.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:05 -0400)

From her humble roots in the Bronx to "Laverne and Shirley" and her unlikely ascent in Hollywood, the beloved actor and director tells the story of her incredible life.

117 wanted1 pay7 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,828,832 books! | Top bar: Always visible