The Very Hungry Bear by Nick Bland

The Very Hungry Bear

by Nick Bland

This is a good book to show children were every animal belongs, like the polar bear cannot be in a hot cave. It shows how when we work together with others we can get a solution to problems we may have. It also talks about sharing. ( )
  lsierra19 | Mar 20, 2013 |
Jake's Review: For a kiddie picture book, this one is pretty cool. The illustrations are really nice to look at and the story is pretty good. I think a lot of kids Jesse's age will really like this and I won't get bored when my parents make me read to the little midget. I think the author is trying to teach little kids about habitats at the same time which is pretty cool, cause it is not obvious like when teachers try to teach us stuff. I liked the cranky bear better because it was funnier, but this is pretty good too.

Jake's Rating: 8/10

Mom's Review: How can you not love a Nick Bland book. The illustrations are truly delightful, the story charming and the rhyme engaging. I have a mad love for the Very Cranky Bear and while not as perfect as that, this is still marvelous. A nice moral included done in a non preachy way which is a true gift. Jesse grabbed this one out of my hand as soon as I opened the package and has made me read it to him every night since. So really that is all you need to know, my previously book hating toddler now loves the books - well as long as they are as cool as this one. Thanks Bland, I owe you one. Now must pick up a copy of The Very Itchy Bear!

Mom's Rating: 9.5/10

We received this from Scholastic in exchange for an honest review ( )
  mountie9 | Nov 8, 2012 |

The Very Cranky Bear is back, and now he's hungry! When the Very Hungry Bear goes fishing, he ends up catching more than he bargained for - a polar bear, with an armful of fish, who needs help finding a new home! Vibrant illustrations and a fun, engaging story make this book perfect for reading aloud.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,807,308 books! | Top bar: Always visible