Bloodfire Quest: Number 2 in series (Dark…

Bloodfire Quest: Number 2 in series (Dark Legacy of Shannara) (edition 2013)

by Terry Brooks

Member:geoffgibbs
Title:Bloodfire Quest: Number 2 in series (Dark Legacy of Shannara)
Authors:Terry Brooks
Info:Orbit (2013), Hardcover, 368 pages
Tags:fantasy, shannara, dark legacy of shannara

Bloodfire Quest by Terry Brooks

I enjoyed this novel, it does seem quite familiar, however I imagine it difficult to write differently in a world that has been imagined for some time. whilst somewhat predictable, still a good read and hard to put down. I read it in just over a day. ( )
  KatiaMDavis | Dec 19, 2017 |
"Forgiven; embraced; remembered."

"It all came down to Aleia Omarosian—the first of the Chosen, the original Ellcrys, but also the one responsible for the theft of the missing Elfstones."

I'm with Arlingfant Elessedil. When Ellcrys really chooses you run from the scene screaming. After all we know what happened last time.
Who wants to turn into a rooted tree even if it does live for age upon age?
Arlingfant and her sister Aphenglow Elessedil are of the Chosen who live at Arborlon and tend to the tree Ellcrys. The tree that maintains the barrier between the Four Lands and the Forbidding. But Ellcrys is dying and needs a successor.
Ellcrys has chosen Arlingfant.
"You will carry my seed to the Bloodfire and immerse it and then return to me, and through you I will be renewed and the Forbidding will hold".
Arlingfant knows what this will mean for her!
Aphenglow knows about the elf stones and knows that these might be all that stand between her sister and her frightening future. The search is on. Aphen also knows that she and her sister are linked by heredity back to Aleia Omarosian and that this is not coincidence.
Once again Brooks had me wading through a sea of unbelievable action, a quest for the magical Elfstone, the terrifying Forbidding and the race to save the Four Lands. The choices to save the four lands and block the creatures from the Forbidding is growing slimmer. A maelstrom of relentless action from the opening pages.

A NetGalley ARC ( )
  eyes.2c | Aug 3, 2017 |
I don't believe this was as good as the first one in the series. For some reason, perhaps the way it started, that one grabbed your attention. This one.. just goes on.
  Vinbert | Nov 22, 2015 |
  Vinbert | Nov 22, 2015 |
Hope this is just an issue of being the middle book of a trilogy but i didn't enjoy this one very much. ( )
  GSB68 | May 19, 2015 |

Terry Brooksprimary authorall editionscalculated
Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jim, Carol, and Mark, and Katie and Karla inspirations all

A follow-up to "The Wards of Faerie" places the fate of an innocent young girl in the hands of protectors who embark on a dangerous quest to protect a once-peaceful world from dangerous creatures imprisoned behind an eroding magical barrier.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,811,993 books! | Top bar: Always visible