The Madman's Daughter (Madman's…

The Madman's Daughter (Madman's Daughter - Trilogy) (edition 2013)

by Megan Shepherd

Member:krau0098
Title:The Madman's Daughter (Madman's Daughter - Trilogy)
Authors:Megan Shepherd
Info:Balzer Bray (2013), Hardcover, 432 pages
Collections:Already Read, Your library, eBook
Rating:****1/2
Tags:young adult, science fiction, historical fiction, horror, thriller

The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd

I'm just being extra tough on my rating for this book when I give it 3 ⭐️'s. It was so well written and full of mystery and suspense. There were a few things " revealed" later in the book that were obvious, but a few unexpected twists too. I felt it had a very Frankenstein feel to it although the authors inspiration for the book was The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells, which I now want to read also. Excited to see what the next two books hold for this story!! ( )
  bookharpy | Apr 19, 2016 |
12 ( )
  EDHSLC | Feb 4, 2016 |
Whooo, this book was super-dark and horrifying, with plot and character twists that kept me guessing right up to the agonizing last scene. It has motivated me to look into the author's inspiration "The Island of Doctor Moreau" by HG Wells. But wait, apparently there is a sequel! Hmmmm, which to read first, which to read...??? ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd is a first in series, inspired by the classic, The Island of Dr. Moreau by H. G. Wells. Thankfully, I was not familiar with H. G. Wells story so everything was a new experience with nothing to compare it to, and found myself constantly trying to figure out who was truly mad. There are a lot of uniquely odd characters that made the story very much of a thrill ride and the creep factor was amazing.
I have never read anything like The Madman’s Daughter. Seriously. That alone made it worth the read. On top of that, the twists were unbelievable. You will have a hard time guessing the outcome, and the ending came as a shocker! I can hardly wait for the next installment.
Be prepared to go into this one with an open mind. Considering the story line, there are areas where it is so out of touch with reality that it is hard to buy, but honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way. ( )
  StephLaymon | Jan 26, 2016 |
Oh my goodness! This book was ah-mahz-ing! It was based on some book about the island of Monroe or something, but I feel like it was a combo of Frankenstein and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. But I haven't even got to the best part...this is only book one! There will be more! :) it is a year in our futures, but I have a strong feeling that it will be worth it! ( )
  sammymowheeler | Jan 19, 2016 |
To Jesse -
I love you madly.
The basement hallways in King's College of Medical Research were dark, even in the daytime.
At night they were like a grave.
Why did I have to learn he was alive from a bloodstained diagram at a late-night vivisection?

Dr. Moreau's daughter, Juliet, travels to her estranged father's island, only to encounter murder, medical horrors, and a love triangle.

138 wanted3 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,256,749 books! | Top bar: Always visible