Keeper of the Light by Diane Chamberlain

Keeper of the Light

by Diane Chamberlain

Recently added byarena90, sunset_x_cocktail, rena70, Juliha, Tina1402, private library
    Kiss River by Diane Chamberlain (DeniseG53)
    DeniseG53: This is the second book in the Keeper of the Light trilogy; Her Mother's Shadow is the third book.
    Her Mother's Shadow by Diane Chamberlain (DeniseG53)
    DeniseG53: Keeper of the Light is the first book in a trilogy; Kiss River is the second book and Her Mother's Shadow is the third.

A well written soap opera.

So - I have heard a lot of mentions of Diane Chamberlain lately and thought i would check her out. I was surprised by how many books there were to pick from at the library and chose this one randomly since it didn't seem to be part of a series or anything.

I enjoyed it. It is a drama of interconnected lives, people doing bad things and some steamy-ness (which frankly I could have done without - it didn't seem to add too much to me... and makes the book harder to recommend to some people.

It's funny because when I was reading it I thought - I like this in the same way I liked that Kristen Hannah book I read earlier this year. "night road"

Both books are high drama and full of emotional twists and turns. This book effected me less - I think it was too much outside hopefully anything I would experience - it let me kind of watch and read rather than me actual put my self in any of the characters places.

Still a very quick read for a big book - great for poolside.

Oh and by the way - I did read her author bio on Amazon and may have positively impacted my assessment of her book that she has two shelties ;) ( )
  alanna1122 | Jan 20, 2012 |

Dr. Olivia Simon is on duty in the emergency room of North Carolina's Outer Banks Hospital when a gunshot victim is brought in. Midway through the desperate effort to save the young woman's life, Olivia realizes who she is—Annie O'Neill. The woman Olivia's husband, Paul, is in love with.

When Annie dies on the operating table, she leaves behind three other victims. Alec O'Neill, who thought he had the perfect marriage. Paul, whose fixation on Annie is unshakable. And Olivia, who is desperate to understand the woman who destroyed her marriage.

Now they are left with unanswered questions about who Annie really was. And about the secrets she kept hidden so well.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:54 -0400)

Midway through performing surgery on a gunshot victim, Dr. Olivia Simon learns that the victim is Annie O'Neill, the woman with whom Olivia's husband is in love.

Diane Chamberlain is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,770,963 books! | Top bar: Always visible