Gods and Beasts

by Denise Mina

Series: Alex Morrow (3)

"It's the week before Christmas when a lone robber bursts into a busy Glasgow post office carrying an AK-47. An elderly man suddenly hands his young grandson to a stranger and wordlessly helps the gunman fill bags with cash, then carries them to the door. He opens the door and bows his head; the robber fires off the AK-47, tearing the grandfather in two. DS Alex Morrow arrives on the scene and finds that the alarm system had been disabled before the robbery. Yet upon investigation, none of the employees can be linked to the gunman. And the grandfather--a life-long campaigner for social justice--is above reproach. As Morrow searches for the killer, she discovers a hidden, sinister political network. Soon it is chillingly clear: no corner of the city is safe, and her involvement will go deeper than she could ever have imagined"--… (more)

English (26)  Dutch (1)  All languages (27)
These Alex Morrow books keep getting better and better and thee are so many left to read. In this one, an old man, shoves the grandson he was carrying to a stranger when the bank they were in was robbed and then appears to join and help the robber. ( )
  susandennis | Sep 4, 2020 |
Confusing plot, first it was one mystery and as the story went on it became something else while the first one was forgotten. ( )
  AnnaHernandez | Oct 17, 2019 |
I am really enjoying these stories. Although, I can solve the case before they do the story is great. thank you. ( )
  cfulton20 | Dec 5, 2018 |
  cfulton20 | Dec 5, 2018 |
Detective Sergeant Alex Morrow of the Glasgow police has just returned to work after giving birth to twins, and her first assignment involves the puzzling murder of an elderly man in a post office hold-up; puzzling because it seems the perp and victim somehow knew each other. As Alex investigates, it also comes to light that there is a vast web of corruption throughout the city, not least in her own department, and Alex will have to figure out just who she can trust, if anybody…. This is apparently a series, but I had not run across it before, although I have heard of Ms. Mina because my husband likes her work. I don’t know if it was just the mood I was in as I read it or if there was something else, but nothing in this particular book grabbed me; it took me more than a week to read this less-than-300-page novel, because I just couldn’t get interested. Perhaps if I’d read it at another time? Shrug. ( )
  thefirstalicat | Jun 15, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,759,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible