Septimus Heap, Book Seven: Fyre by Angie…

Septimus Heap, Book Seven: Fyre (original 2013; edition 2013)

by Angie Sage, Mark Zug (Illustrator)

Member:NiftyLefty
Title:Septimus Heap, Book Seven: Fyre
Authors:Angie Sage
Other authors:Mark Zug (Illustrator)
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2013), Roughcut, 720 pages
Collections:Wishlist

Fyre by Angie Sage (2013)

English (14)  German (1)  All languages (15)
I listened to that last installment in the Septimus Heap books by Angie Sage. This one made me sad and happy. Sad that this excellent series had to end, and yet happy that finished it. This entry, Fyre, was a worthy entry in the series and a great way to bring this series to a conclusion. Like all the others, this novel was filled with action, relationships, and a good plot. There are always loose ends to wrap up and this one did a fairly good job of doing that. Even so, there were some loose ends that I would have liked to see brought to a better conclusion, but it seems you can't have everything in a series. The loose end that in particular bothered me, was the story line of Syrah Syara. After the novel "Siren," she pretty much disappears from the plot. As always the narrator did a fantastic job and Gerard Doyle remains incomparable.

I think this is a must read for family story times, teacher read alouds, or books for upper grades. ( )
  benitastrnad | Dec 4, 2018 |
I was totally in love with series start to finish. It is hard to find this long of a series that can keep me on the edge of my seat for the entire time. I have to say that Angie Sage really pulled the whole series together with Fyre. Any unanswered questions that I had were answered. I will recommend this series to everyone I meet, It has become one of my all time favorites. ( )
  DJLunchlady91404 | Nov 2, 2018 |
Great book. ( )
  linzy199 | Jul 12, 2017 |
Whenever I am awaiting a new book, I seem perfectly calm. Until a stray thought, a picture, or a random comment from someone around me suddenly reminds me what is coming, and I suddenly can't stop grinning and I find myself squealing and jumping up and down, to the knowing smiles and eye-rolls of those who know and love me.
It is a rare book that leaves me with this same feeling of excitement and thrill after I have finished the long-awaited book, and I can positively say this is one of those books. It draws together everything and everyone from all the other books, and even if it is a bit long, and sometimes a bit disjointed, I positively don't care, because her writing is so engaging, her characters are so loveable, and I love every quirky scene Angie Sage has to offer. Yes, it is her longest yet, and you can tell. But it was a good kind of noticing, like "Ohmigosh I've been reading for hours and I still get so much more to read!"
It was a treat, and one can only hope the TodHunter Moon books will be as good.

Oh, and all those things you've been desperately waiting for for like six books (and a short story)? Yup. Finally here. It was awesome. She ended everything just the way I had hoped/imagined, and I can only say I am truly, truly sorry to have reached the last page. ( )
  Jaina_Rose | Mar 1, 2016 |

This book was the very most satisfying conclusion to a series that I have read in a very long time. I liked it better than Harry Potter (GASP).

The Queen to be, the 7th son of the 7th son (Apprentice to the Extra Ordinary Wizard), the former Master Alchemist & several others are forced to Contain & destroy the Darke Wizards who have escaped their prison.

The past meets the present. The Great Fyre is relit, the Dragon Boat heals and awakens, Septimus returns to the House of Foryx, long overdue sense is regained.....
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |

Angie Sageprimary authorall editionscalculated
Zug, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
for my father and mother,

A flame burns at midnight.

Double-faced ring and

double helping of dragons

and Sep growing up.

(legallypuzzled)

Septimus must battle the remnants of the Dark Domaine, which will remain until the power of the evil Two-Faced Ring is destroyed forever. To accomplish that, the ancient Alchemie Fyre must be relit -- a task that sends Septimus to the very origins of Magyk and Physik, testing both his skills, and his loyalties to ExtraOrdinary Wizard, Marcia Overstrand, and Alchemist Marcellus Pye.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,862,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible