The Beatles Anthology (2000)

by The Beatles

This extraordinary project has been made possible because Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr have agreed to tell their combined story especially for this book. Together with Yoko Ono Lennon, they have also made available the full transcripts (including all the outtakes) of the television and video seriesThe Beatles Anthology. Through painstaking compilation of sources worldwide, John Lennon's words are equally represented in this remarkable volume. Furthermore, The Beatles have opened their personal and management archives specifically for this project, allowing the unprecedented release of photographs which they took along their ride to fame, as well as fascinating documents and memorabilia from their homes and offices. What a bookThe Beatles Anthology is! Each page is brimming with personal stories and rare vintage images. Snapshots from their family collections take us back to the days when John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Richard Starkey were just boys growing up in Liverpool. They talk in turn about those early years and how they came to join the band that would make them known around the world as John, Paul, George and Ringo. Then, weaving back and forth, they tell the astonishing story of life as The Beatles: the first rough gigs, the phenomenon of their rise to fame, the musical and social change of their heyday, all the way through to their breakup. From the time Ringo tried to take this drum kit home on the bus to their much anticipated audience with Elvis, from the making of the Sgt. Pepper album to their last photo session together at John's house,The Beatles Anthology is a once-in-a-lifetime collection of The Beatles' own memories. Interwoven with these are the recollections of such associates as road manager Neil Aspinall, producer George Martin and spokesman Derek Taylor. And included in the vast array of photographs are materials from both Apple and EMI, who also opened their archives for this project. This, indeed, is the inside story, providing a wealth of previously unpublished material in both word and image. Created with their full cooperation,The Beatles Anthology is, in effect, The Beatles' autobiography. Like their music has been a part of so many of our lives, it's warm, frank, funny, poignant and bold. At last, here is The Beatles' own story.… (more)

English (7)  Danish (1)  All languages (8)
Exhaustive documentation of the Beatles. ( )
  Brightman | Nov 5, 2019 |
AV16
  USYDArtsMusicLibrary | Sep 13, 2010 |
The Fab Four are the alpha and omega of all things music as far as I'm concerned. There have been 8,000 books written about them and I'm sure I have most of them, but if I have to choose just one, it certainly will be the one in their own words! Liverpool Hope University is now offering an MA in Beatles studies; may have to apply to that program (since I know I can at least pass the courses). ( )
1 vote AileenPowell | Mar 13, 2009 |
I'm such a Beatles fan that I'd love just about anything writing about them. I would have given it a 5, but I can't get enough of the Beatles. ( )
  russelllindsey | Sep 2, 2008 |
The ultimate Bible for any hardcore Beatles fan. It has everything and anything about them, all told from the Beatles themselves. Great pictures too. ( )
  skelterhelter | Sep 4, 2007 |

Beatles, Theprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Martin, Georgesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Roylance, Briansecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Taylor, Dereksecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
What can I tell you about myself which you have not already found out from those who do not lie?
This is a book; not the sound recording or video recording

Biography

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,485,582 books! | Top bar: Always visible