Chew - Volume 6: Space Cakes by John Layman

Chew - Volume 6: Space Cakes (edition 2013)

by John Layman

Member:roguelibrarian
Title:Chew - Volume 6: Space Cakes
Authors:John Layman
Info:Image Comics (2013), Paperback, 156 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Jensbooks, comics, mystery, Image, Chew

Chew, Volume 06: Space Cakes by John Layman

Since Tony is in the hospital for the duration of this book, the author focuses on his twin sister Toni. Rather than seeing the past when she bites into something, she see's the future. There's also a great Poyo mini in this book that had me in giggles. Toni is so different from her brother. She's very positive and upbeat and I loved getting to know her a little better. Loved the relationship between her Ceasar and I can't wait to get my hands on the next volume. I was so sorry to see her go at the end; I would have loved to see her keep working with everyone. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Volume 6 in the Tony Chu saga.

This is easily my favorite volume so far, and I finally have some characters I like and want to see more of. Caesar and Toni Chu, a bit awkward that last one. Oh well. I also really liked the inclusion of more and varied colors, most of the others volumes were heaving on the browns, oranges with some blue. This one was much more colorful. Also Poyo and chogs, so much more Poyo and chogs. It also does not escape me that there was very little Tony Chu since he was indisposed for most of the volume. I really needed as fun an issue as this to make up for the last one. ( )
  Kellswitch | May 17, 2015 |

John Laymanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Guillory, Robmain authorall editionsconfirmed

"While Tony Chu - the cibopathic federal agent with the ability to get psychic impressions from what he eats - clings to life in a hospital ICU, his twin sister Toni steps up to take center stage. Toni is cibovoyant, able to see the future of anything she eats, and, lately, she's seeing some pretty terrible things" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,123,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible