The Walking Dead Volume 17 TP: Something to…

The Walking Dead Volume 17 TP: Something to Fear (edition 2012)

by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard (Illustrator)

158None75,068 (3.94)13
Member:yvaine
Title:The Walking Dead Volume 17 TP: Something to Fear
Authors:Robert Kirkman
Other authors:Charlie Adlard (Illustrator)
Info:Image Comics (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 132 pages
Collections:Read, Read but unowned, Books in Series
Tags:apocalypse, graphic novel, horror, Kirkman: The Walking Dead series, zombies, fiction, @read, 2013

The Walking Dead, Volume 17: Something to Fear by Robert Kirkman

English (6)  Dutch (1)  All languages (7)
I'm still traumatized from this volume's storyline. It was brutal. I thought other villains were bad for Rick's group, but Negan is a whole new level of bad. Deeply disturbing stuff. More than ever I'm anxious to know what happens next. ( )
  AnnaAbner | Dec 27, 2013 |
his is the volume that made me realise I had serious series fatigue.

It's been great so far, a sprawling epic of what happens to a band of survivors after the zombie apocalypse hits. It’s played a bit with the zombie mythos, explored what happens to people and the morality in the aftermath, it’s had mind blowing dramatic set pieces and small heart breaking drama.

I do recommend the series (15+ volumes of quality) but now I am done. It’s the monotony of always having just one story strand with no single issue look at other things or people. It’s the shock and awe tactics of the latest volume which requires a too obvious plot contrivance to make it happen and only seems to happen to wake you up. It’s the fact that it echoes too much a better, earlier plot when what it really needs is a fresh injection. It’s Rick. I am so fed up of Rick and the fact he is still the central focus and quickly becoming narrow in definition. And whilst this volume maybe addresses the issue of what the character has become it’s too late for me.

It probably doesn't help I just played Last of Us on the PS3. Stunning story, with deft use of character view points & far better at the morality question & playing with tropes. ( )
  clfisha | Jun 25, 2013 |
Hmm, I don't think I like the story in this one...and Carl is starting to freak me out. ( )
  lesmel | May 15, 2013 |
Luckily after the disappointment of Volume 16, the series comes back to violent life in this most recent addition. Great twist ending and none of the hacky dialogue of the last volume. Now, write another!

[full review here: http://spacebeer.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-walking-dead-volume-17-something-to.ht... ] ( )
  kristykay22 | Mar 30, 2013 |
I love this series, and have discussed it with teens at work so I know some teens are reading it, although there is a LOT of violence and gore.Fans of the tv series would like this graphic novel series, even though there are some differences. Fans of the Benny Imura zombie series by Jonathan Maberry might also like this series. ( )
  GirlsonFire | Mar 3, 2013 |

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Adlard, CharlieIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rathburn, CliffIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Rick and his band of survivors work to build a larger network of thriving communities, and soon discover that Negan's "Saviors" prove to be a larger threat than they could have fathomed. Crossing Negan will lead to serious, dire consequences for the group; it seems that for the first time since the Governor's reign of terror that Rick may have Something to Fear.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,494,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible