The Walking Dead, Vol. 17: Something to Fear…

The Walking Dead, Vol. 17: Something to Fear (edition 2012)

by Robert Kirkman, Charles Adlard (Illustrator), Cliff Rathburn (Illustrator)

Member:-Eva-
Title:The Walking Dead, Vol. 17: Something to Fear
Authors:Robert Kirkman
Other authors:Charles Adlard (Illustrator), Cliff Rathburn (Illustrator)
Info:Image Comics (2012), Kindle Edition
Collections:Your library, KindleBook, Read in 2013
Rating:****1/2
Tags:american literature, fiction, graphic novel, zombies

The Walking Dead, Volume 17: Something to Fear by Robert Kirkman

After reading the 16 volumes previous, or perhaps because of reading the 16 volumes previous, this was perhaps one of the more disturbing stories I've read in this form. My heart was racing after finishing. ( )
  PastorBob | Jun 9, 2014 |
I'm still traumatized from this volume's storyline. It was brutal. I thought other villains were bad for Rick's group, but Negan is a whole new level of bad. Deeply disturbing stuff. More than ever I'm anxious to know what happens next. ( )
  AnnaAbner | Dec 27, 2013 |
his is the volume that made me realise I had serious series fatigue.

It's been great so far, a sprawling epic of what happens to a band of survivors after the zombie apocalypse hits. It’s played a bit with the zombie mythos, explored what happens to people and the morality in the aftermath, it’s had mind blowing dramatic set pieces and small heart breaking drama.

I do recommend the series (15+ volumes of quality) but now I am done. It’s the monotony of always having just one story strand with no single issue look at other things or people. It’s the shock and awe tactics of the latest volume which requires a too obvious plot contrivance to make it happen and only seems to happen to wake you up. It’s the fact that it echoes too much a better, earlier plot when what it really needs is a fresh injection. It’s Rick. I am so fed up of Rick and the fact he is still the central focus and quickly becoming narrow in definition. And whilst this volume maybe addresses the issue of what the character has become it’s too late for me.

It probably doesn't help I just played Last of Us on the PS3. Stunning story, with deft use of character view points & far better at the morality question & playing with tropes. ( )
  clfisha | Jun 25, 2013 |
Hmm, I don't think I like the story in this one...and Carl is starting to freak me out. ( )
  lesmel | May 15, 2013 |
Luckily after the disappointment of Volume 16, the series comes back to violent life in this most recent addition. Great twist ending and none of the hacky dialogue of the last volume. Now, write another!

[full review here: http://spacebeer.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-walking-dead-volume-17-something-to.ht... ] ( )
  kristykay22 | Mar 30, 2013 |

Robert Kirkmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Adlard, CharlieIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rathburn, CliffIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Rick and the others work to create a network of survivor communities while the threat of Negan's "saviors" grows.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,232,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible