Under Wildwood: The Wildwood Chronicles,…

Under Wildwood: The Wildwood Chronicles, Book II (edition 2012)

by Colin Meloy, Carson Ellis (Illustrator)

Member:JanesList
Title:Under Wildwood: The Wildwood Chronicles, Book II
Authors:Colin Meloy
Other authors:Carson Ellis (Illustrator)
Info:Balzer Bray (2012), Hardcover, 576 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, fantasy, YA, ReadAloud

Under Wildwood by Colin Meloy (Author)

I'm giving up on this for now. I was 362 pages in and still waiting for it to get good, feeling like I needed to finish because I liked the first book so much. But I'm done with that for now. I might pick it up again in the future just to find out what happens, but goodness, do I feel relieved to have this off my list. ( )
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
This sequel has more going on than the first book, which ought to somewhat justify its size, but instead it's just even more sprawling and aimless. I put it down thirty pages from the end to go do something else; that is not a great sign. I won't bother with the last one. ( )
  jen.e.moore | Jul 26, 2015 |
Lots of fun! can't wait to read the next one! I particularly liked that so many new and interesting characters were fleshed out. ( )
  klarsenmd | Oct 10, 2014 |
vol 2 in wonderful fantasy trilogy, written by lead writer/singer of The Decembrists, illustrated by his wife... cliffhanger ending... ( )
  DavidO1103 | Apr 3, 2014 |
  BRCSBooks | Dec 17, 2013 |

Meloy, ColinAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ellis, CarsonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Meloy, ColinNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

BL: 5.9 - AR Pts: 19.0

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006202471X, Hardcover)

Ever since Prue McKeel returned home from the Impassable Wilderness after rescuing her brother from the malevolent Dowager Governess, life has been pretty dull. School holds no interest for her, and her new science teacher keeps getting on her case about her dismal test scores and daydreaming in class. Her mind is constantly returning to the verdant groves and sky-tall trees of Wildwood, where her friend Curtis still remains as a bandit-in-training.

But all is not well in that world. A hard winter has come and discord reigns in the wake of the so-called Bicycle Coup. Dark assassins with mysterious motives conspire to settle the scores of an unknown client. A titan of industry employs inmates from his orphanage to work in his machine shop, all the while obsessing over the exploitation of the Impassable Wilderness. Under a growing threat, Prue is drawn back into Wildwood, where she and Curtis will face their greatest challenge yet: to save themselves and the lives of their friends, and to bring unity to a divided country. But in order to do that, they must go under Wildwood.

In Under Wildwood, Colin Meloy and Carson Ellis reveal new dimensions of the epic fantasy-adventure series begun with the critically acclaimed, bestselling Wildwood.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:19 -0400)

"Prue and Curtis are thrown together again to save themselves and the lives of their friends, and to bring unity to the divided country of Wildwood"--

103 wanted2 pay3 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,609,610 books! | Top bar: Always visible