Under Wildwood: The Wildwood Chronicles,…

Under Wildwood: The Wildwood Chronicles, Book II (edition 2012)

by Colin Meloy, Carson Ellis (Illustrator)

Title:Under Wildwood: The Wildwood Chronicles, Book II
Authors:Colin Meloy
Other authors:Carson Ellis (Illustrator)
Info:Balzer Bray (2012), Hardcover, 576 pages
Tags:fiction, fantasy, YA, ReadAloud

Under Wildwood by Colin Meloy (Author)

This sequel has more going on than the first book, which ought to somewhat justify its size, but instead it's just even more sprawling and aimless. I put it down thirty pages from the end to go do something else; that is not a great sign. I won't bother with the last one. ( )
  jen.e.moore | Jul 26, 2015 |
Lots of fun! can't wait to read the next one! I particularly liked that so many new and interesting characters were fleshed out. ( )
  klarsenmd | Oct 10, 2014 |
vol 2 in wonderful fantasy trilogy, written by lead writer/singer of The Decembrists, illustrated by his wife... cliffhanger ending... ( )
  DavidO1103 | Apr 3, 2014 |
  BRCSBooks | Dec 17, 2013 |
This is the sequel to Wildwood - and if you like children’s fiction I suggest you go read that first. This book brings back Prue, Curtis and some other familiar faces from the first book, as well as some new characters - including Curtis’ two sisters, Rachel and Elsie. Wildwood is suffering with a hard winter and civil unrest after the revolution and Prue is going to have to work to save the wood and all her friends by uniting the country. She must also beware of a mysterious assassin hired by someone in Wildwood to claim her life.

I believe Prue is around 12 and the intended age range for the book is probably about 9-13, so there were times when I was rolling my eyes. At 25, I’m obviously not the target audience, so while I found the book a little young at times, I know why - however I enjoy children’s and YA fiction, and if you do too, you’ll like this book. I did find Curtis to be a little flat - for the sake of staying spoiler free, I just felt he had no real emotion. But overall it was a very fun book and a quick read. I’ll definitely be reading the 3rd book!

The other aspect I’d Iike to comment on is the physical beauty of this book - the edges of the pages are wonderfully rough and raw. The art by Ellis is awesome - as evidenced by my previous posts. These touches made reading the book even more fun. So if you enjoy the genre, or you’ve read the first book, definitely pick up Under Wildwood. ( )
  MillieHennessy | Dec 4, 2013 |

Meloy, ColinAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ellis, CarsonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Meloy, ColinNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

BL: 5.9 - AR Pts: 19.0

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006202471X, Hardcover)

Ever since Prue McKeel returned home from the Impassable Wilderness after rescuing her brother from the malevolent Dowager Governess, life has been pretty dull. School holds no interest for her, and her new science teacher keeps getting on her case about her dismal test scores and daydreaming in class. Her mind is constantly returning to the verdant groves and sky-tall trees of Wildwood, where her friend Curtis still remains as a bandit-in-training.

But all is not well in that world. A hard winter has come and discord reigns in the wake of the so-called Bicycle Coup. Dark assassins with mysterious motives conspire to settle the scores of an unknown client. A titan of industry employs inmates from his orphanage to work in his machine shop, all the while obsessing over the exploitation of the Impassable Wilderness. Under a growing threat, Prue is drawn back into Wildwood, where she and Curtis will face their greatest challenge yet: to save themselves and the lives of their friends, and to bring unity to a divided country. But in order to do that, they must go under Wildwood.

In Under Wildwood, Colin Meloy and Carson Ellis reveal new dimensions of the epic fantasy-adventure series begun with the critically acclaimed, bestselling Wildwood.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:19 -0400)

"Prue and Curtis are thrown together again to save themselves and the lives of their friends, and to bring unity to the divided country of Wildwood"--

99 wanted2 pay2 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,880,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible