The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Book 1 by…

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Book 1 (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Denise Mina, Andrea Mutti (Illustrator), Leonardo Manco (Illustrator)

Member:JJbooklvr
Title:The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Book 1
Authors:Denise Mina
Other authors:Andrea Mutti (Illustrator), Leonardo Manco (Illustrator)
Info:Vertigo (2012), Hardcover, 152 pages
Tags:Graphic novel, 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo {graphic novel} by Denise Mina (2012)

Interesting adaptation from the book. The art is typical of what I've been seeing in gritty, dark graphic novels. ( )
  lesmel | Nov 17, 2014 |
Digital review copy provided by Edelweiss

I’ve read the book and I have seen the US version of the movie so I wondered what the writer would do in order to condense the book down to a graphic novel. There are some changes to the story some that will change how things play out in the later books. If you are not a purist and you can stand changes to a story to fit the format then this is the graphic novel for you.
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
Absolutely stunning artwork. I've have read the novel and seen the Swedish and American films, and this graphic novel adds an amazing new depth to the work. Some of the storylines were tweaked slightly and some of the dialogue was confusing to pick up on, but overall this was amazing. I was a little disappointed that Lisbeth was only highlighted during the major plot scenes and would have liked to see more of her role from the novel, but on the whole it was well done. ( )
  CareBear36 | May 8, 2014 |
A graphic novel version of the first of Stieg Larsson's books about Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander, adapted by Scottish writer Denise Mina. It's a great adaptation, but (inevitably) quite a few details get lost and I'm not sure if I fill in the blanks with knowledge I have from the books or if the comics do stand on their own. The art is very good and the characters' looks "fit" how they are described in the original - only a couple of them look like the actors from the movie. I do have a problem with them splitting this into two volumes (of about 150 pages each) - it's clearly only in order to charge for it twice, since it would easily fit into one volume. ( )
  -Eva- | Apr 13, 2014 |
Good adaption but it does require that one has read the novels to really follow the plot. Manco and Mutti's depiction of the protagonist, Lisbeth Salander is spot on. ( )
  Vantine | Mar 14, 2014 |
This is the Graphic Novel adaptation of the prose book. Please do not combine them.

Harriet Vanger, a scion of one of Sweden's wealthiest families disappeared over forty years ago. All these years later, her aged uncle continues to seek the truth. He hires Mikael Blomkvist, a crusading journalist recently trapped by a libel conviction, to investigate. He is aided by the pierced and tattooed punk prodigy Lisbeth Salander. Together they tap into a vein of unfathomable iniquity and astonishing corruption.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,383,834 books! | Top bar: Always visible