Mice by Rose Fyleman

Mice (edition 2012)

by Rose Fyleman, Lois Ehlert (Illustrator)

Member:PamFamilyLibrary
Title:Mice
Authors:Rose Fyleman
Other authors:Lois Ehlert (Illustrator)
Info:Beach Lane Books (2012), Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:Library Loot

Mice by Rose Fyleman

I love this poem, it's an old favorite from my childhood. I have to admit I don't find these mice, with their buggy eyes and buck teeth, especially appealing. But I guess that fits with the line, "No one seems to like them much." :) And I *love* getting to the end and finding out who the narrator is!
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
picture book, ( )
  melodyreads | Dec 12, 2012 |
This creatively illustrated story is for younger readers’ who are just learning how to read. This book is about mice, and a fun day in their life, from a cat’s point of view. The simple words on each page and the fun story line, makes this book a hit with young children. Ehlert keeps the children engaged with her creative illustrations. Ehlert is the celebrated illustrator of many adored children’s books for young children, including; Color Zoo, which is a Caldecott Honor Book. Ehlert lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. -Andrea ( )
  Andrea81384 | Dec 5, 2012 |
Rose Fyleman's MICE was one of my earliest favorite poems. I remember sitting in my footie-pajamas and asking my father to read it 'one more time', and I remember sitting down by myself working to memorize it. And to this day I still know it by heart, and it's still dear to me. (Of course I shared MICE with my own children.)

What Lois Ehlert brings to the poem is her wonderful whimsical artwork. In this case multi-media of paper and string and drawings. So you'll get to see the two toothy mice with combs and toothbrushes --the latter obviously one of the ways they keep their teeth so white.

Great read-aloud. Great poem for children to remember. This book would also be a wonderful start to an art project. With very young children you could cut out the triangles, teeth and string and let them create a montage of their own. For older children you could let them do the cutting for themselves.

Pam
mom/blogger/mouse lover
  PamFamilyLibrary | Nov 14, 2012 |

Simple, rhyming text celebrates what is nice about mice.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,780,021 books! | Top bar: Always visible