The Orphan King: Book 1 in the Merlin's…

The Orphan King: Book 1 in the Merlin's Immortals series (edition 2012)

by Sigmund Brouwer

18None556,671 (3.4)None
Member:LadyoftheLodge
Title:The Orphan King: Book 1 in the Merlin's Immortals series
Authors:Sigmund Brouwer
Info:WaterBrook Press (2012), Paperback, 224 pages
Collections:Juvenile Fiction, Young Adult, Your library
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fantasy/ sci fi, middle grades

The Orphan King: Book 1 in the Merlin's Immortals series by Sigmund Brouwer

This is a good starter fantasy series for kids. It isn't terribly complicated or drawn out, so people new to the genera can get an idea of what it's like. I didn't like it very much, but that's because it seemed to basic/boring/undeveloped. I only read it because I received the second book in the series through the librarything early reviewers and I figured I should read the first one. The characters are mildly interesting, the story line/world building could be more developed, and the pace could be better. It's not terrible overall, but it's not for the more "advanced" fantasy reader. ( )
  ladonna37 | Feb 18, 2013 |
The storyline was confusing from the start. I had a hard time keeping track of which were the bad guys and which the good, and did not really find out until the last chapter. The action of the story moved the plot forward well, and the characters developed throughout the book, so these were pluses.I also thought the story was left hanging in midair--frustrating for the reader, but a good lead-in to the next book in the series. ( )
  LadyoftheLodge | Dec 30, 2012 |
I've read and re-read the first few chapters, but simply could not get into this story at all.
  BookDivasReads | Aug 29, 2012 |
This book has me confuse if it a fantasy book or something else. With that in mind, I have enjoy this book if it one. Though I think it hit some mystery as well.

The orphan in this book is named Thomas. He is determined to fulfill his mother deathbed wish. We learn that his nurse is his mother. Though he to want to protect from the evil. This books take us on his jouney to Magnus Along the way he takes rescue some people. Though He first asked to Release the knight along with pickpocket boy and mute and deaf girl. As they travel Tomas tell the knight some things that he plans to do but not all is revel. He tell the knight about what he want to conquered of Magnus. There are three others that have secrets as well as he.

Does Thomas conquer Magnus or not that you will need to read an find out. Also to find out the other three names of one on his journey you need to read. I dislike giving away surprise and ending. This is a Fantasy and Mystery book in set a Medieval England. ( )
  Lindz2012 | Aug 14, 2012 |

The last words of a dying woman would change the life of young Thomas. Raised behind monastery walls, he knows nothing of his mysterious past or imminent destiny. But now, in the heart of medieval England, a darkness threatens to strangle truth.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,441,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible