The Oath: The Obama White House and the…

The Oath: The Obama White House and the Supreme Court (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Jeffrey Toobin

Member:hbgoble
Title:The Oath: The Obama White House and the Supreme Court
Authors:Jeffrey Toobin
Info:Doubleday (2012), Hardcover, 352 pages
Collections:Your library, Read (2013)

The Oath: The Obama White House and the Supreme Court by Jeffrey Toobin (Author) (2012)

The Oath: The Obama White House and the Supreme Court
Living Constitution
The US Supreme Court, in a range of crucial matters, is a divided house. Five conservatives judges and four liberals ones dispute constitutional interpretation. The results sometimes seems unpredictable. Jeffrey Toobin, in a continuation of his previous book (The Nine: Inside the Secret World of the Supreme Court), describes the relationship about the Obama administration and the Supreme Court (2010-2013). The nominations of Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Keagan, their backgrounds, the facts leading to some importants decisions (Citizens United and Obama Care) are exposed. Toobin's text is clear and informative. The language is understandable for the non expert and suitable for the law professional. ( )
  MarcusBastos | Apr 23, 2015 |
in my opinion, Jeffrey Toobin presents us with the clear and present danger of a politicized judiciary. We're in for a long, hard ride folks. Excellent read....should be required for all who care about this country and where we seem to be headed. ( )
  junebedell | Jan 2, 2015 |
  junebedell | Jan 2, 2015 |
Well written, easy read, interesting topic and ramifications of the Supreme Court. I'd recommend picking it up
  DrT | Jul 4, 2013 |
Toobin writes another interesting book about the workings of the Supreme Court--this time focused on the Roberts court. The subtitle is a little misleading but the book analyzes the major cases argued in front of the Roberts court. Toobin goes into the personalities of the justices and their philosophies and motives. It is clear that he has strong opinions about various justices but it doesn't detract from the book. A very easily readable summary of recent years at the Supreme Court. The audiobook narrator was very good as well.
  walterqchocobo | Apr 8, 2013 |
To McIntosh, of course
(Prologue) "So let me ask you this," Greg Craig said, "does anyone here think he's not the President?"
On February 14, 2008, a man named Steven Kazmierczak opened fire on the campus of Northern Illinois University, in DeKalb, Illinois.

Presents an insider's account of the ideological war between the John Roberts Supreme Court and the Obama administration, tracing several landmark cases and the strong views that will be shaping the Court of the near future.

32 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,801,313 books! | Top bar: Always visible