Ghost Writer by Lorna Collins

Ghost Writer

by Lorna Collins

411,664,912 (4.17)None

I have read every book that Lorna Collins and her husband have put out and have enjoyed each and every one. So when Ghost Writer came out, naturally I just knew that it would be good and I was not disappointed in the least. Many years ago I use to watch the TV Show “the Ghost and Mrs. Muir” and that is the first thing that crossed my mind when I started reading this book.

When Nan Burton’s boyfriend walks out on her and she lose her job she really seems to be in a pickle. Well that is until her great great aunt’s will is read. Well yes she is getting a bundle of money when she reaches a certain age and also the beach cottage is hers now. At least she won’t be homeless, but all this come with a stipulation. She also inherits the dog that better not die of anything but natural causes otherwise Nan will lose all the money. One thing Nan did not expect when she moved into the cottage was inheriting the ghost that went with it. Once a famous writer the ghost now haunts the cottage waiting for someone to finish his book. Now the fun begins, what is the old saying you can’t live with them and you can’t live without them as Nan and Murdock are either at each other or he is giving fatherly advice.

Once I got started reading this book it was very hard to put down. I love a good ghost story and I was filled to the brim with this one. As always Ms. Collins has written a clean story that any age can read one of my favorite parts was ““Finish your novel? Just what makes you think I’ll do that? I’m a Programmer, not a writer. I deal with bits and bytes, not words. You’re delusional.” I could just picture in my mind someone walking in and seeing Nan waving her arm’s saying this to an empty space. I enjoyed all the characters but The Ghost was my favorite. Truly enjoyable story -Grab a copy you won’t be disappointed
by Lynn ( )
  Lorna_Collins | Sep 13, 2012 |
~To Larry, my best friend, husband and soul mate.
If I could, I’d do it all again with you.~

When unemployed computer programmer Nan Burton inherits a California beach cottage from her great-great-aunt, she’s delighted. But she’s in for a huge surprise:

The house is haunted by the ghost of famous romance writer Max Murdoch (pen name Maxine DuBois) who insists Nan complete his last novel, threatening to keep her from sleeping until she agrees.

The ensuing clash pits youth against the long-dead but still egotistical author with humorous and moving results.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,790,766 books! | Top bar: Always visible