Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan

Saga, Vol. 1

by Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples (Illustrator)

Other authors: Fonografiks (Lettering + Design), Eric Stephenson (Coordinator)

Series: Saga (Vol. 1)

2,6342043,403 (4.31)193
    Isola, Chapter 1 by Brenden Fletcher (apokoliptian)
    Who Fears Death by Nnedi Okorafor (andomck)
    andomck: Told from the pov of a daughter growing up in a science fantasy world
    A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (andomck)
    andomck: Magic systems based on language . One is the secret names of things, the other is secrets itself.

English (203)  Dutch (1)  All languages (204)
It took me three days to read this volume. Not because it was boring or because I didn't have time to read it. It took me three days to read it because I wanted it to last. I didn't want it to be a fast read. I wanted to savour it, make it last, enjoy every page, the art, the story. EVERYTHING! It got humor, love, action and some really good art.

I loved this graphic novel. I mean this is the first I have bought in a long time. And, I bought it because of all I ever saw was people praising it. Any you know what? They are all right it is that good! There are many reviews out there that are very good, describing the story with images everything. But I just want to say that I enjoyed reading it very much and it is now looking very good in a prominent place on my bookshelf.

I ordered volume 2 today after I finished volume 1. Should probably have ordered them all when I think about it. ( )
  MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
I’ve only recently started reading any comics/graphic novels. I’ve seen a lot of love for Saga on Litsy and while the art isn’t really my style, it’s rendered with skill. The story is interesting and I’m completely sucked in. I can’t wait to start the next volume. ( )
  DGRachel | Apr 2, 2019 |
Oddly addictive and lots of fun. I'm all caught up and can now read along as the volumes come out. ( )
  authenticjoy | Mar 29, 2019 |
I really enjoyed the artwork, and I like Marko and Alana's storline...but...everything else left me confused. The dialogue is pretty bad at times too. I'll give another issue a try...we'll see... ( )
  tntbeckyford | Feb 16, 2019 |
Okay, I'm on the Saga bandwagon! To everyone who had been pestering me to read this, thank you. I'm officially hooked.

So although I don't generally compare things, this is definitely a Romeo and Juliet type story. Two star-crossed lovers, and their mad plan to escape the tyranny of their separate families. What is beautiful about this story though is how well balanced it is. There is your requisite drama, some action, lots of snarky humor, and the type of sweet moments that make you smile.

Fair warning, this story is also rather weird. After all, alien planets have alien inhabitants! If you aren't okay with tv-headed aliens having sex, well, you might want to find another graphic novel series. Still, I have to give massive kudos to Fiona Staples for her illustrations. These panels are gorgeous. While Brian K. Vaughn's story shines, it does it more effectively because of how lovely the panels are.

Love this! I'm glad there's more out there for me to devour. ( )
  roses7184 | Feb 5, 2019 |

Vaughan, Brian K.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staples, FionaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
FonografiksLettering + Designsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stephenson, EricCoordinatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This is how an idea becomes real.
After us locals die, we get to live on as "spiritual defenders of Cleave."
But clearly, that's a suck-ass evolutionary plan, since your two armies had no problem wiping our people off the map.

"When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe" -- p. [4] of cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,760,469 books! | Top bar: Always visible