Saga Volume 1 TP by Brian K Vaughan

Saga Volume 1 TP (edition 2012)

by Brian K Vaughan

Member:kitsuchi
Title:Saga Volume 1 TP
Authors:Brian K Vaughan
Info:Image Comics (2012), Paperback, 160 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:read, comic, sci-fi

Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan (Author)

Here is my review of Saga...bear with me I eventually get to the review.

http://www.girlsguidetoscifi.blogspot.ca/2013/01/comic.html ( )
  HollyBest | Jun 9, 2016 |
I had my doubts when I first started this, but it is definitely interesting. Not something I would typically read, but I'm trying to branch out. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
My experience with reading proper comics is very limited. I've read manga in loads, and recently some graphic novels, also the occasional comic strips. But full-color, comics like these, I think the only one I've read is W.I.T.C.H, from about 10 years ago. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading in this format! The story is very interesting, warning for some "mature" parts I guess, really enjoyed Fiona Staples art. I enjoyed reading this more than I thought I would initially, as the genre really isn't my cup of tea but this might be an exception. Will continue reading this, when I get my hands on the second volume. ( )
  zombiehero | Mar 25, 2016 |
This series centered around the relationship between two soldiers from opposite sides is my new obsession. Addictive world building space opera with characters I've become very attached to. Not every hero does good things and not every villain is all bad. It's fantastic! ( )
  StefanieGeeks | Mar 17, 2016 |

Originally posted here

What did I just read? This is the third comic series I have ever read and it blew my mind. The art by Fiona Staples is just breathtakingly gorgeous. Seriously.

The story follows Alana and Marko, they are both from different sides of a huge war that has been going on for a long time. They illegally run away together and have a baby, Hazel. Saga follows Alana and Marko as they try to escape from those that want to kill them and take their baby. The perspectives switch back and forth from the couple to the different characters that are looking for them. Volume 1 was so outlandish and crazy, it was so entertaining. I found Sextillion really mental, just what was that craziness really about!? Talking heads on legs? Madness. I was really creeped out by the spider lady too, *shudders*.

My favourite character is Alana, her very first line on the first page just made me crack up. She is so witty and tough, it's great. I really like The Will and his cat too - I love his cavalier attitude and his big heart. All in all, this was a great read and I can't wait to continue on with the series. ( )
  4everfanatical | Mar 4, 2016 |

Vaughan, Brian K.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staples, FionaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
FonografiksLettering + Designsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stephenson, EricCoordinatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This is how an idea becomes real.
After us locals die, we get to live on as "spiritual defenders of Cleave."
But clearly, that's a suck-ass evolutionary plan, since your two armies had no problem wiping our people off the map.

"When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe" -- p. [4] of cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,610,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible