Saga Volume 1 TP by Brian K Vaughan

Saga Volume 1 TP (edition 2012)

by Brian K Vaughan

Member:kitsuchi
Title:Saga Volume 1 TP
Authors:Brian K Vaughan
Info:Image Comics (2012), Paperback, 160 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:read, comic, sci-fi

Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan (Author)

I think im in the minority because this was just eh for me. I liked the concept, but there were way too many swear words for my liking. I dont think i will continue with the series. ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
Everyone said it was good. And everyone was not wrong. A star-crossed eomance. Spaceships. Weird alien life. Ghosts. Cool tech. It was high stakes and colorful and had the right amount of humor. And I still got a feel for the characters even though all that other stuff was going on. I will definitely be picking up the next volume. I want to know what happens to all the crazy eople I'm now so invested in. Even if some of them have wings or TVs for heads. ( )
  jlharmon | Nov 3, 2016 |
The first chapter had me hooked. What follows didn't disappoint, and the artwork was delightful throughout. ( )
  amazedemon | Oct 15, 2016 |
I absolutely loved this graphic novel. I've had it on my TBR pile forever and wish I had gotten around to reading it sooner. There is a lot of action, some great characters, a huge world, and tons of creativity. I was quickly completely drawn into the story and can't wait to read more.

This is definitely an adults only graphic novel; there is quite a bit of sex and violence which is depicted in detail. There is also a lot of humor and snark in here which I really enjoyed.

As mentioned this is absolutely action-packed; there are tons of gun fights and space battles. However, there are also a lot of tender scenes and adventuring throughout.

The story bounces between a few different viewpoints; that of the two star-crossed lovers with their new baby, that of a prince tasked with hunting them down, and that of a bounty hunter who takes a job hunting them down. Even with all these characters and viewpoints the story never gets confusing; it’s easy to follow and weaves together nicely.

The illustration is very well done; again it was easy to follow and also nicely detailed. I loved the full color throughout and really enjoyed the artwork in general.

I was surprised how quickly I was drawn into the story and how engaging I found all the different characters. At times the story leaves you nearly breathless with the intensity and when I reached the end I wanted more!

One of the best parts is how there is a ton of snarky humor in here; so despite the intensity there is still some light-hearted fun to everything.

Overall this was a phenomenal graphic novel and I can’t wait to see what volume 2 holds. I would recommend to those who like sci-fi graphic novels; actually I would recommend to everyone...I really really liked this one! ( )
  krau0098 | Oct 7, 2016 |
I bought and read the first two issues when they first came out and somehow never got back to this series. I did buy the trade though and am so happy I finally read it! ( )
  JJbooklvr | Sep 28, 2016 |

Vaughan, Brian K.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staples, FionaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
FonografiksLettering + Designsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stephenson, EricCoordinatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This is how an idea becomes real.
After us locals die, we get to live on as "spiritual defenders of Cleave."
But clearly, that's a suck-ass evolutionary plan, since your two armies had no problem wiping our people off the map.

"When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe" -- p. [4] of cover.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,741,588 books! | Top bar: Always visible