Saga Volume 1 TP by Brian K Vaughan

Saga Volume 1 TP (edition 2012)

by Brian K Vaughan

Member:kitsuchi
Title:Saga Volume 1 TP
Authors:Brian K Vaughan
Info:Image Comics (2012), Paperback, 160 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:read, comic, sci-fi

Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan (Author)

I bought and read the first two issues when they first came out and somehow never got back to this series. I did buy the trade though and am so happy I finally read it! ( )
  JJbooklvr | Sep 28, 2016 |
At BEA 2013 I picked up the first comic in this series and read it enthusiastically, I really enjoyed it but never brought myself to pick up the remainder of the series. Recently, everyone is talking about Saga and how absolutely wonderful it is and I knew that I had missed something big. Non-comic readers were enthralled and many bloggers I follow were getting into the series too. I had to find it. Luckily for me my campus library has the first two volumes. I devoured them.

Saga is a little bit of everything. It is sexy, violent, complex, and funny. It has everything an adult graphic novel should have. The characters are interesting, the plot is put together very well and the images themselves are detailed and alluring.

The story follows a man and a women from warring planets who fall in love and we meet them upon the birth of their child. They are running from everyone - each of their respective armies and bounty hunters alike. Telling the story is the child, Hazel, and the story is woven together as past and present and from various points of review - the parents, the army, and the hunters. This makes for a wonderful compilation of information.

Loved it!

Review for Volume 2 is here. ( )
  sszkutak | Sep 28, 2016 |
When I first picked this up on recommendation from a friend, I was worried that it might be a bit too.... Out there for me. However, I was pleasantly surprised at just how emotion packed and beautiful this really is.

The first installment of Saga tells the beginnings of a girl named Hazel. Violence, lack of understanding, and new parents taking on opposition - everything in this read will leave you NEEDING to know what is going to happen next.

What did I think?: I'm not a big comic reader but I couldn't put this down. The beautiful images combined with a story that I won't soon forget is going to have me recommending this one for a long time.

Who should read it?: I'm starting to think that I might be the last person to pick this up, but if somehow you haven't yet read it, get your hands on a copy and you'll see just why it's become so popular.

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM ( )
  tipsy_writer | Sep 22, 2016 |
This was so great I don't even know where to start! Thankfully I ran out and bought the next two trades so I can continue the story.

This is full of inventive characters, has a strong story, and is also funny. I really fell in love with the setting and characters through these stories, and I can't wait to read on! ( )
  Sarah_Buckley | Sep 17, 2016 |
I adore this series.

The art is beautiful - it looks simple, it looks easy, but I know it isn't. The writing is sharp, witty and dark. It's dynamic - Star Wars meets Romeo & Juliet.

I also love the fact that the main character Alana, is breast-feeding on the front cover. There can be a lot of stigma around breast-feeding depictions, and I applaud the author and the artist and everyone involved for their seriously bold choices.

One of the best graphic novels I've read in a while - it's well-polished and full of details that I love. If you like space, if you like awesome female protagonists and antagonists, if you like beautiful artwork and gorgeous writing, you'll love this. ( )
  lydia1879 | Aug 31, 2016 |

Vaughan, Brian K.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staples, FionaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
FonografiksLettering + Designsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stephenson, EricCoordinatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This is how an idea becomes real.
After us locals die, we get to live on as "spiritual defenders of Cleave."
But clearly, that's a suck-ass evolutionary plan, since your two armies had no problem wiping our people off the map.

"When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe" -- p. [4] of cover.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,206,380 books! | Top bar: Always visible