Saga Volume 1 TP by Brian K Vaughan

Saga Volume 1 TP (edition 2012)

by Brian K Vaughan

Member:kitsuchi
Title:Saga Volume 1 TP
Authors:Brian K Vaughan
Info:Image Comics (2012), Paperback, 160 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:read, comic, sci-fi

Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan (Author)

It took me three days to read this volume. Not because it was boring or because I didn't have time to read it. It took me three days to read it because I wanted it to last. I didn't want it to be a fast read. I wanted to savour it, make it last, enjoy every page, the art, the story. EVERYTHING! It got humor, love, action and some really good art.

I loved this graphic novel. I mean this is the first I have bought in a long time. And, I bought it because of all I ever saw was people praising it. Any you know what? They are all right it is that good! There are many reviews out there that are very good, describing the story with images everything. But I just want to say that I enjoyed reading it very much and it is now looking very good in a prominent place on my bookshelf.

I ordered volume 2 today after I finished volume 1. Should probably have ordered them all when I think about it. ( )
  MaraBlaise | Feb 20, 2017 |
Many people, many many people, have recommended this, and so I had initially avoided it. But there I was in Faraos Cigarer in Copenhagen, and I picked out Starlight as worth a read and all the graphic novels I really wanted were upstairs and by Moebius and in Danish… so I eventually succumbed and bought the first volume of Saga. I could have bought the Danish bandes dessinées by Moebius, of course, or even the hardback volumes of Valerian and Laureline, also in Danish, but it would mean learning a new language to read them, which seems daft when they’re originally French and that’s a language I can actually read (with a dictionary at hand, admittedly). Anyway, Saga… I didn’t like it. I really didn’t. It is allegedly a space opera, but there’s zero rigour to the setting, one side uses magic, there are a race of robots who have human bodies but TVs for heads, and people actually use mobile phones and apps. See, you have a man and a woman, from each side of a generational war – one lot have wings, the others have horns – and they have a child. Er, so why do you need science fiction to tell this story? I guess calling a race war story a “space opera” makes it more palatable to readers. And, of course, it means the story is not “politicized”. FFS. So there you have it: weak title, paper-thin allegory, paper-thin setting, and a total lack of rigour. Nice art, though. ( )
1 vote iansales | Jan 22, 2017 |
As good as everyone says! I'm not a graphic novel/comic book reader, but this space opera is stunning and captivating. ( )
  Virginia-A | Dec 21, 2016 |
I think im in the minority because this was just eh for me. I liked the concept, but there were way too many swear words for my liking. I dont think i will continue with the series. ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
Everyone said it was good. And everyone was not wrong. A star-crossed eomance. Spaceships. Weird alien life. Ghosts. Cool tech. It was high stakes and colorful and had the right amount of humor. And I still got a feel for the characters even though all that other stuff was going on. I will definitely be picking up the next volume. I want to know what happens to all the crazy eople I'm now so invested in. Even if some of them have wings or TVs for heads. ( )
  jlharmon | Nov 3, 2016 |

Vaughan, Brian K.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staples, FionaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
FonografiksLettering + Designsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stephenson, EricCoordinatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This is how an idea becomes real.
After us locals die, we get to live on as "spiritual defenders of Cleave."
But clearly, that's a suck-ass evolutionary plan, since your two armies had no problem wiping our people off the map.

"When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe" -- p. [4] of cover.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,498,970 books! | Top bar: Always visible