Saga Volume 1 TP by Brian K Vaughan

Saga Volume 1 TP (edition 2012)

by Brian K Vaughan

Member:kitsuchi
Title:Saga Volume 1 TP
Authors:Brian K Vaughan
Info:Image Comics (2012), Paperback, 160 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:read, comic, sci-fi

Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan (Author)

Here is my review of Saga...bear with me I eventually get to the review.

http://www.girlsguidetoscifi.blogspot.ca/2013/01/comic.html ( )
  HollyBest | Jun 9, 2016 |
I had my doubts when I first started this, but it is definitely interesting. Not something I would typically read, but I'm trying to branch out. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Saga is a phenomenal sci-fi opera written by Brian K Vaughan (Y the Last Man) and illustrated by Fiona Staples. In both tone and content it is akin to space epics such as Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy, though due to its vast scope and content that may be considered adult it is likely unfilmable. But this is for the best, as I could hardly imagine Vaughan's imaginative universe without Staples' art to bring it to life. Staples' style is clean and bright, with expert attention to detail that adds credibility to this world and takes every opportunity to add something extra for those who take the time to notice.

Essentially a retelling of Romeo and Juliet, Saga tells the tale of two doomed lovers from warring species, as narrated by their newborn daughter years later. In this first volume their action-packed adventure begins, and Alana and Marko embark on a flight for their lives and the life of their daughter. ( )
  kmbezner | Mar 27, 2016 |
My experience with reading proper comics is very limited. I've read manga in loads, and recently some graphic novels, also the occasional comic strips. But full-color, comics like these, I think the only one I've read is W.I.T.C.H, from about 10 years ago. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading in this format! The story is very interesting, warning for some "mature" parts I guess, really enjoyed Fiona Staples art. I enjoyed reading this more than I thought I would initially, as the genre really isn't my cup of tea but this might be an exception. Will continue reading this, when I get my hands on the second volume. ( )
  zombiehero | Mar 25, 2016 |
This series centered around the relationship between two soldiers from opposite sides is my new obsession. Addictive world building space opera with characters I've become very attached to. Not every hero does good things and not every villain is all bad. It's fantastic! ( )
  StefanieGeeks | Mar 17, 2016 |

Vaughan, Brian K.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Staples, FionaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
FonografiksLettering + Designsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stephenson, EricCoordinatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This is how an idea becomes real.
After us locals die, we get to live on as "spiritual defenders of Cleave."
But clearly, that's a suck-ass evolutionary plan, since your two armies had no problem wiping our people off the map.

"When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe" -- p. [4] of cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,872,280 books! | Top bar: Always visible