Wonder Woman, Vol. 02: Guts by Brian…
Title:Wonder Woman, Vol. 02: Guts
Authors:Brian Azzarello
Other authors:Cliff Chiang (Illustrator)
Info:DC Comics (2013), Hardcover, 144 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:graphic novel, superheroes, wonder woman, read in 2013, mythology

Wonder Woman Volume 2: Guts by Brian Azzarello

Uma obra-prima. Clássico-instantâneo.
Azzarello ao nível que dele se espera e uma arte que acompanha o génio do texto. ( )
  Ritinha_ | Aug 26, 2015 |
Finally! A story arc I can follow! I like this reboot for Wonder Woman. I like even more that I get her background even though I've never followed a single story arc. The artwork is exceptional. ( )
  lesmel | Aug 24, 2014 |
I'm really enjoying the new Wonder Woman! I'm a big fan of Greek mythology and I just love how firmly her new genesis is grounded within that mythos. In this book a whole slew of the gods turn up and we've got a good deal of Zeus' progeny on the scene now. The whole book can be described as a classic chase scene so the plot doesn't go forward too much but a great deal of new information is being introduced about the characters and background. A great portion of the book takes place in Hades and concerns that god; I really enjoyed that as I always enjoy stories about Hades and I must say I was impressed with the rendering of him with the flames on his head. Great artwork there. Wonder Woman and her gang are chasing after Zola to rescue her from Hades and that story arc finishes with this volume and ends with the birth of the child. However we have a plot twist at the ending that will keep us in rescue mode for the next volume. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jun 6, 2014 |
I'm not really a fan of Wonder Woman, I think, at least not in this incarnation. I'm not fond of the character designs, except maybe for Strife (but she reminded me of someone else; maybe a Neil Gaiman character?) and Wonder Woman herself, and the plot just... Nah.

I can take some tweaks to my mythology (hello Thor), but this was strangely closer to the actual mythology and further from the spirit of the mythology. Or something. The bickering among the gods, Hera's jealousy, etc -- it all makes sense within Greek myth, but they seemed cardboard cutouty, which Thor and Loki do not. ( )
1 vote shanaqui | Apr 12, 2014 |
The Greco-Roman Gods continue to fight over Zeus' latest baby.

Beautifully detailed graphics add to the characters, plot, and actions.

Characters continue to develop both as individuals,in their compassion, and with their abilities.

Overall, an enjoyable read. ( )
  catya77 | Mar 2, 2014 |

Brian Azzarelloprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chiang, CliffIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Please - you don't understand...

"Wonder Woman goes to hell! After playing Posidon, Hades, and Hera against each other, Hades strikes back by kidnapping Zola and trapping her in the Underworld. It's up to Wonder Woman--with a little help from the God of Love and the God of Smiths--to break Zola out. But what is Hades' real game, and once you get into the land of the dead, how exactly do you get out?"--Amazon.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,669,412 books! | Top bar: Always visible