The Lost Art of Mixing

by Erica Bauermeister

Restaurant owner Lillian manages an unexpected challenge while sharing her days with a circle of friends and regulars, including ritual-performing accountant Al, heartbroken chef Chloe, and unobtrusive giant Finnegan.

Not as good as her earlier book ..essential ingredients. It was ok though. ( )
  Jolene.M | Jul 30, 2020 |
Sweet book. Some characters return and new characters are added. Not a memorable book ( )
  shazjhb | Aug 18, 2019 |
2.5* for the book itself

Similar in style to Olive Kitteridge, so if you liked that you will probably like this better than I did. The book is really a series of interconnected short stories of the lives of various people connected to a restaurant in the Pacific northwest. I find this manner of storytelling frustrating in that as soon as I get interested in a character, Bauermeister leaves that person. I guess that my reaction to this just confirms my sense that I don't care for the contemporary style of writing... I prefer more closure than this provides (though it was better at that than Olive Kitteridge!). ( )
  leslie.98 | Nov 30, 2017 |

I enjoyed this book filled with quirky characters that revolve around Lillian’s restaurant. The writing is descriptive and the story is character-driven. I liked this one better than her first book, which had way too many similes for my tastes.

Recommended for something light in between heavier reads.
  janb37 | Feb 13, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Erica Bauermeister's book The Lost Art of Mixing was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,762,801 books! | Top bar: Always visible