No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

The Lost Art of Mixing by Erica Bauermeister

a few chapters in I can tell that I adore this book and I'm going to need to own a copy.
Sort of picks up where The School of Essential Ingredients left off, at Lillian's restaurant. But instead of cooking classes, it follows continuing adventures of some of the people the first book introduced.
Lovely turns of phrases and imagery throughout. Reading the first book is probably a good idea.
Although there were plenty of gorgeous food descriptions, I wished for more cooking class scenes, or, you know, any. But this book was more about interconnected stories, even out in the world outside the restaurant.

ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |

PatienceFortitude | Mar 6, 2014 |
[The Lost Art of Mixing] is a sequel to [The School of Essential Ingredients], which follows some of the people from the cooking class, and adds some new characters. This is a book for foodies, with lovely writing about foodstuffs and the loving preparation of soul-enriching dishes. Better than your average chick-lit. ( )
  countrylife | Jan 31, 2014 |

National bestselling author Erica Bauermeister returns to the enchanting world of The School of Essential Ingredients in this luminous sequel.

Lillian and her restaurant have a way of drawing people together. There’s Al, the accountant who finds meaning in numbers and ritual; Chloe, a budding chef who hasn’t learned to trust after heartbreak; Finnegan, quiet and steady as a tree, who can disappear into the background despite his massive height; Louise, Al’s wife, whose anger simmers just below the boiling point; and Isabelle, whose memories are slowly slipping from her grasp. And there’s Lillian herself, whose life has taken a turn she didn’t expect. . . .

Their lives collide and mix with those around them, sometimes joining in effortless connections, at other times sifting together and separating again, creating a family that is chosen, not given. A beautifully imagined novel about the ties that bind—and links that break—The Lost Art of Mixing is a captivating meditation on the power of love, food, and companionship.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:33 -0400)

Restaurant owner Lillian manages an unexpected challenge while sharing her days with a circle of friends and regulars, including ritual-performing accountant Al, heartbroken chef Chloe, and unobtrusive giant Finnegan.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Lost Art of Mixing by Erica Bauermeister was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,565,631 books! | Top bar: Always visible