Midnight Secrets: The Wildfire Series by…

Midnight Secrets: The Wildfire Series (edition 2013)

by Ella Grace

Member:lulu150
Title:Midnight Secrets: The Wildfire Series
Authors:Ella Grace
Info:Ballantine Books (2013), Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Collections:Your library, Read and owned

Midnight Secrets: The Wildefire Series by Ella Grace

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as an Advanced Reader Copy from Library Thing.

Midnight Secrets was an OK read; a bathtub read; a beach read; a waiting room read. I enjoyed the characters well enough and the story was decent

My main problem was that the resolution of the mystery seemed forced and wound up in a few pages just to end the book, and to me, didn't read true.

All the same, this book is a promising beginning to a trilogy.

MissJessie | Oct 16, 2013 |
So, I liked this one! It had childhood sweethearts reunited, it had angsty secrets, a murder mystery and many many more of my secret favourites plot lines (I won’t mention them; but they all fall into spoiler territory). I laughed, I swooned, I swore at it when it tested my numeracy skills with its scary timeline jumping antics....

Within the first few chapters of this book, I was ready to put this whole thing down. There had been scenes from three different times in the characters lives and, although they were sequential, it was rather confusing as to what was going on. I’m glad I persevered; although there were some flashback scenes littered throughout the story, they made more sense within the plot than the beginning chapters did. I really loved the scenes that showed a teenaged Savannah falling in love with the slightly older and world-weary Zach. It was such a sweet love set amongst the truly horrible situation that Zach had found himself in through no fault of his own. It had that heart-warming quality that a good rom-com has; of course it all went to hell quite quickly.

I was truly confused as to what went on and when when we got back to present day. I knew that it was all Zach’s fault that loves young dream disintegrated, but that was about it; I had no idea as to when and the details. It was a bit maddening, as I felt I was progressing the tale with only half the pages of the story. I wanted all the facts at hand and it was distracting that I was drip fed them throughout the tale; I have never been a patient reader and it is a complete possibility that this is only my issue! What I did love was the way the main characters had developed into adults who were still the teenagers we met at the start. Zach still had the protective qualities that had made me swoon in the opening chapters, Savannah still had the beliefs that everyone deserved a chance and they still had ridiculous chemistry between them. From the paragraph that they met again I knew I was going to love their story.

Of course, the problem remained that a lot of water had passed under the bridge and the secrets that were between them had festered and become deep, emotional wounds. They were secrets that would keep them apart if they let them or they could accept that they both made these mistakes and move on. I was a little taken aback about how quickly they both forgave each other. These were resentments that had been held close for years; it took sentences for them to be gotten over. I was glad that they did get over them though, so I let it go.....

The chemistry between them led to some unbelievable sex scenes and a developing relationship that had both highs and lows. The angst created a depth that kept me hooked and made me immediately mark the next in the series on my wish-list. This, ladies and gents, is a hero who refuses to let anything come between him and the woman of his dreams again and I loved him!

This book did have some flaws for me but there is also no denying how much I enjoyed it. All of the characters were fantastically well written and the romance took just enough work that its progression was incredibly satisfying to read about. The sex scenes were fabulous, the chemistry combustible and the sub-plot was meaty enough to keep the pages on my kindle flicking. Overall, I’m hooked into this series from just the first book. ( )
  Scorchingrevs | Sep 21, 2013 |
Midnight Secrets is steamy southern goodness! This is the first book I have read by Ella Grace (aka Christy Reece) and I can tell you it will not be the last. This book was awesomesauce! The town of Midnight, Alabama with it's cast of interesting characters gives the story a wonderful southern flavor with all the charm & grace you would expect from the south. The mystery and action had me staying up late to see what would happen next, and the love story was heartfelt & endearing. The sex was definitely steamy (which is always a draw for me) and the end to this particular tale was sweet. This being the first of the Wilde triplets' stories, Savannah (the quiet one)& Zach have set the bar pretty high for the next installment which appears to be Samantha's (the popular one) story. I'm eager to see what the third sister's story (Sabrina - the tough exterior/wounded inside one) will look like but I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. Book 2, "Midnight Lies" with Samantha & Quinn, here I come!

*Per FTC rules, I need to disclose that I received a copy of this book free from the publishers via the Night Owl Reviews.* ( )
  darkand27 | Sep 18, 2013 |
Book One in the Wildefire series by Ella Grace.

This is the story of Savannah Wilde and Zach Tanner. As teenagers, Savannah and Zach were in love and planned to be together forever - but we all know how that turns out. Life happens and the two are separated. Years later they are reunited when Savannah comes home to sell her family home and Zach is the local police chief. You never forget your first love...

This is a high-energy romp through a small town with a scandal on hand. If you're looking for a story with suspense, romance and family loyalty, this is the one for you! ( )
  AquarianDancer | Sep 8, 2013 |
First off - Ella Grace is a pen name for writer Christy Reece, who is an awesome romantic suspense writer. While the Midnight Tales / Wildefire Series is ALSO romantic suspense, Christy/Ella decided to separate the Wildefire series from her others since they were "different". Basically I have found that ANYTHING written by her, under ANY name, is a sure-fire winner!

"MIDNIGHT SECRETS" is the first book in the "Wildefire" series - a trilogy about triplet sisters whose lives have been shaped by the murder/suicide of their parents when they were ten years old. Be warned - when you first start the book, it's a bit confusing - you skip through several years and each time the perspective is the voice of a different character (start with the father, then the grandfather, then Savannah). Just hang in there. The flipping around doesn't last long. This is the story of the rich girl / poor boy... who fall in love. She's headed to college, he's headed to the Army - but as we start the book when Savannah is returning ten years later to close up Wildefire after the Grandfather's death, we discover that Zach broke her heart. She's now an ADA and he's the town's Chief of Police. Midnight Secrets is just about that - SECRETS. The secret of why Zach broke her heart... the secret of if it truly was a murder/suicide... and the final secret that Savannah is keeping from Zach.

This should definitely go to the top of your TBR stack, especially if you're a fan of romantic suspense writers (Maya Banks, Lori Foster, etc...). Some sex scenes but nothing too overtly graphic. THUMBS UP!! ( )
  SnarkyMom | Aug 10, 2013 |
Beckett Wilde stumbled from his car and inhaled, taking fragrant honeysuckle-scented air deep into his lungs. Thunder rumbled like a far off freight train. Brilliant streaks of jagged lightning lit up the ink black sky.

AT THE STROKE OF MIDNIGHT, THE HEAT BEGINS

On a hot southern night, with a storm on the horizon, a family is shattered. Three beautiful daughters—Savannah, Samantha, and Sabrina Wilde—go on with their lives, each significantly changed, as they bear the memory of the murder-suicide that killed their parents. For years, they have stayed away from Midnight, Alabama. Until Midnight calls them home.

Savannah is the first one back, when a grueling case in Nashville leads the young prosecutor to seek shelter in the quiet of the once grand Wilde mansion. But when she finds letters casting doubt on her family’s dark, shameful past, she realizes that peace in Midnight is a shallow façade and sinister secrets lurk beneath the surface. Zach Tanner, once the town’s bad boy, is now the new police chief and still has a wild hold over her. Zach can feel it, too, but he hurt Savannah once. As teenagers, they broke every rule together. Now it’s his job to keep her safe, even though he isn’t sure who her enemies are, or which ones might be his own. All he knows is that they have only each other to face dangers they can’t see coming.

"On a hot southern night, with a storm on the horizon, a family is shattered. Three beautiful daughters--Savannah, Samantha, and Sabrina Wilde--go on with their lives, each significantly changed, as they bear the memory of the murder-suicide that killed their parents. For years, they have stayed away from Midnight, Alabama. Until Midnight calls them home. Savannah is the first one back, when a grueling case in Nashville leads the young prosecutor to seek shelter in the quiet of the once grand Wilde mansion. But when she finds letters casting doubt on her family's dark, shameful past, she realizes that peace in Midnight is a shallow facade and sinister secrets lurk beneath the surface. Zach Tanner, once the town's bad boy, is now the new police chief and still has a wild hold over her. Zach can feel it, too, but he hurt Savannah once. As teenagers, they broke every rule together. Now it's his job to keep her safe, even though he isn't sure who her enemies are--or which ones might be his own."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Christy Reece is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

15 wanted1 pay3 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Midnight Secrets by Ella Grace was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,120,069 books! | Top bar: Always visible