Dr. Strange: Season One by Greg Pak

Dr. Strange: Season One (edition 2012)

by Greg Pak, Emma Rios

Member:kitsuchi
Title:Dr. Strange: Season One
Authors:Greg Pak
Other authors:Emma Rios
Info:MARVEL - US (2012), Hardcover, 136 pages
Tags:read, comic, superhero

Dr. Strange: Season One by Greg Pak

It was amazingly fast paced but I loved it. Doctor Strange is one of the few Marvel superheroes that I would read their origin story over and over again. Stephen and Wong and Sofia made a great team, and I really enjoyed reading how Strange comes into his powers. The art style took a bit to get used to, but I ended up liking it; it really fit with the story.

And at the end of the main story, when you see Doctor Strange in his superhero uniform for the first time? I may have squealed aloud at like 12:30 in the morning. Cos I'm a dork and excited by grown men in mystical magician costumes with orange spotted gloves.

There's also a teaser chapter for a related title by Matt Fraction, who is on my must read list of comic authors - so I'll certainly be checking out Defenders as well. Among others, there's Doctor Strange and She-Hulk and a Namor I actually want to care about!

(Insert obligatory rally cry of RAUL ESPARZA FOR MCU!DOCTOR STRANGE here.) ( )
  SarahHayes | Feb 20, 2017 |
Another take on the Dr. Strange origin tale. This feels like the least like the others I have read with Wong and Strange working together and Mordo being discredited almost from the beginning. The art style is a little softer then the standard comic art. I also loved the defenders cartoon at the end. I'm also hoping someone continues this so that I can get past the origin story. ( )

Greg Pakprimary authorall editionscalculated
Pyle, EllieEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tedesco, Julian TotinoCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Thomas, JakeEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cowles, ClaytonLetterersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

A window-crashing, high-flying, globe-traveling, ghost-battling adventure from the earliest days of Doctor Strange's training in the mystic arts! Part Indiana Jones, part Lord of the Rings, thrill to this new tale of how a selfish, arrogant surgeon collided with a hot-headed martial artist to become the greatest team the mystic arts have ever seen! If only they can stop hitting each other and figure out how all this magic stuff works anyway. Also featuring DEFENDERS (2012) #1, by Matt Fraction and Terry Dodson.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:45 -0400)

This original graphic novel is a window-crashing, high-flying, globe-traveling, ghost-battling adventure from the earliest days of Doctor Strange's training in the mystic arts! Part Indiana Jones, part Lord of the Rings, thrill to this new tale of how a selfish, arrogant surgeon collided with a hot-headed martial artist to become the greatest team the mystic arts have ever seen! If only they can stop hitting each other and figure out how all this magic stuff works anyway. Also features material originally published in magazine form as Defenders #1(2012), by Matt Fraction and Terry Dodson.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,879,520 books! | Top bar: Always visible