Attack on Titan 2 by Hajime Isayama

Attack on Titan 2 (edition 2012)

by Hajime Isayama

Series: Attack on Titan (2)

"The Colossal Titan has breached humanity's first line of defense, Wall Maria. Mikasa, the 104th Training Corps' ace and Eren's best friend, may be the only one capable of defeating them, but beneath her calm exterior lurks a dark past. When all looks lost a new Titan appears and begins to slaughter its fellow Titans. Could this new monster be a blessing in disguise, or is the truth something much more sinister?"--P. [4] of cover. Rated T for ages 16+.… (more)
Member:lambchop_i
Title:Attack on Titan 2
Authors:Hajime Isayama
Info:Kodansha Comics (2012), Paperback, 192 pages

Attack on Titan 2 by Hajime Isayama

Now we're getting somewhere! ( )
  Airainai | Dec 31, 2020 |
This serves as my review for the whole Attack on Titan series

This is one of my favourite animes and series of all time. It's also one of the highly acclaimed anime series ever so if you don't even know about Attack on Titan at this point... you are missing out. I'm updated with the manga since it's still ongoing but it is going to be ending very soon. I do think you should watch the series first before reading the manga :)

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!! Especially if you are into fantasy with high paced action sequences, surprising twists, and mystery.

plot→ It's basically set in this world wherein the last of the human race are forced to live behind this circular walled city called Paradis because titans who devour humans suddenly started appearing on Earth. The story begins when, after 300 years I think... or is it 30??, a titan suddenly breaks into the walled city. The story revolves around Eren (and friends) who has always dreamed of being part of the Survey Corps as they were previously regarded as the heroes of the city. However, they have since been looked down on by the residents because their expeditions outside the walls in the past years have always resulted in mass slaughter.

There are 3 branches in the city's military body: the Survey Corps, the Garrison, and the Military Police Brigade. Survey Corps go outside the wall to scout areas for expansion and most of the skilled ODM (this is the gear that they use to kill the titans) users are in this branch since they fight the titans most frequently. Garrison patrol the walls of the city and are in charge of protecting the walls from titan invasions. Military Police Brigade stay in the innermost city to protect the royal family and whoever else is rich and powerful enough to live there. There is also a side branch that takes care of the new recruits and trains them before they are placed in the actual military body.

I didn't know this had a military thing going on and to be honest it's one of favourite sub themes in fantasy so that was a pleasant for me.

One of the interesting sociopolitical points in this series is that the city itself is subdivided into 3 walls: Wall Maria, Wall Rose, and Wall Sina. The poorest in the city are forced to live on the outermost wall since they are the ones that titans would most likely get to first in case the city is breached. The richest are in Wall Sina like the royal family. This raised a lot of points to think about especially when the wall gets breached and they need to move towards the inner parts of the city.

I'm not going to go too much else in depth because it is partly a mystery series but one of the main things that made this series standout to me is the looming idea that they don't really know who the enemy is. Honestly, this series raises a lot of political issues and discussions that I like to talk about with other people who have also read/watched it. Another aspect that I like here, is what is really considered good or bad, if there even is such a thing in a person's motives. You'll see this more on the later sides of the series because the first part is more on action scenes and build up since it's meant to pull you into the world. But the later arcs just add up to it and make it seriously one of the most phenomenal stories I have come across.

If you haven't realized: I love this series TO DEATHHH.

I consider this a must watch and must read for basically everyone who just wants a good story with characters that you won't get tired of. I also just want you guys to meet my man Levi basically hehe

This is Levi btw^^ *heart eyes*

WARNING: the manga is definitely on the gory side but the anime not much so (but still intense). it didn't really bother me though but you have been warned, ( )
  themoonwholistens | Aug 31, 2020 |
Now comes the action, action, strife, and more action. And don't forget the big reveal!

Neon Genesis Evangelion flashbacks, anyone? This is the volume where it gets good. :) ( )
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |
Everything was going...about as well as can be expected...THEN THE MAIN CHARACTER GOT EATEN! I can sum up the rest of the story right now. Death, destruction, and more death.

But I like that the back cover has the top ten cadets of Eren's squad. And Eren is darkened because he was eaten last volume. ( )
  Rhydion | Oct 30, 2017 |
I found this awesome. It gets better each chapter and volume. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |

The Colossal Titan has breached humanity’s first line of defense, Wall Maria. Mikasa, the 104th Training Corps’ ace and Eren’s best friend, may be the only one capable of defeating them, but beneath her calm exterior lurks a dark past. When all looks lost, a new Titan appears and begins to slaughter its fellow Titans. Could this new monster be a blessing in disguise, or is the truth something much more sinister?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,119,428 books! | Top bar: Always visible