Last Kiss Goodnight: An Otherworld Assassin…

Last Kiss Goodnight: An Otherworld Assassin Novel (edition 2012)

by Gena Showalter

1971359,709 (3.55)None
Member:TheBooknerd
Title:Last Kiss Goodnight: An Otherworld Assassin Novel
Authors:Gena Showalter
Info:Pocket Books (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Collections:Your library, Read in 2013 (inactive), StrangeBedfellows (inactive)
Tags:fiction, series, romance, paranormal, paranormal romance, futuristic, alien, captive, black ops

Last Kiss Goodnight by Gena Showalter

Kidnapped and imprisoned by a freak circus, the hero is seriously pissed off. The heroine is the abused, deaf and caring daughter of the leader. It's her job to care and feed the prisoners but she can't show any obvious mercy else she'll be beaten and the prisoner with be beaten worse. The hero is not a hansom man but he's strong and prideful and-though he's the prisoner, he'll do anything to protect the fragile human he sees as his. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
Macho man Solo finds himself in a cage, drugged unable to free himself. He is is a circus of others, run by a mad man, a wicked warlock and his daughter. The cruelty leveled on the others is heartbreaking and the daughter is driven to try to help. There is a problem with that, she is a captive herself. After years of horrible abuse, she tries and now she wants to try for Solo.
This is a pretty dark fantasy/romance. 9/10 of the book is about being captive, controlled, and finally escaping. The last part is the HEA. Yes there is a kind of HEA, but it was so rushed it seemed to quickly over and finished after the long road to get there. I have not read The Alien Huntress series which I guess this is a spin off of. I got confused on a few characters and who/what there were. I plan on re-reading this after I read that series. I enjoyed it, but didn't love it. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Solo is just the kind of hero I like. He's had a hard life and he's never really been anything but alone. An allorian, he can change into a gigantic devil-like creature who is extremely powerful. He's captured and put in the circus. Vika is the circus owner's daughter. She tends to all the "animals."

The characterization was good. The plot was good. But, somehow the romantic tension never really took off. Solo immediately understands that Vika is not the enemy. I think the tension would've been served better by a longer period where he does not trust her. In fact, I really wanted him to hate her for a little while.

This is my first time reading this author. I was very excited by the blurb. It's possible my expectations gotten the way of totally enjoying this book. Yes, I liked it. But, it wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped. It's possible I'll like it more upon a second reading. ( )
  KarinShah | May 13, 2015 |
Solomon Judah
Vika Lukas

This was very intriguing. A lot of world building, a fair amount of action and romance too. 3.75 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I was really excited to read this book and specifically requested this book from the library, but I was disappointed. I really wanted this book to be good, but it wasn't. I liked that it had a biblical quote at the beginning of each chapter because the main character's name was Solomon Judah. It referenced Song of Solomon and I thought that was lovely. It was a cool concept that there were attractive species from different planets in a zoo, but there were too many to keep track of without using their names and only referencing their species. It focused on the girl and her father's abusive relationship, and I wish it centered more on the romantic dynamic between Solo and Vika. It was an interesting story, but I wanted more smut. Sorry, but I applaud you for your efforts. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |

Gena Showalterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Newbern, GeorgeReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Black ops agent Solomon Judah awakens caged and bound in a twisted zoo where otherworlders are the main attraction.Vika Lukas, the owner's daughter, is tasked with Solo's care and feeding. The monster inside him yearns to kill her on sight, even though she holds the key to his escape. But the human side of him realizes the beautiful deaf girl is more than she seems--she's his. Vika endures the captives' taunts and loathing, hoping to keep them alive even if she can't free them. Only, Solo is different-- he protects her. But as hostility turns to forbidden romance, his feelings for her will be used against him ... and he'll be put to a killer test.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,176,859 books! | Top bar: Always visible