When We Touch (A Whiskey Creek novella) by…

When We Touch (A Whiskey Creek novella) (edition 2012)

by Brenda Novak

Member:arlenadean
Title:When We Touch (A Whiskey Creek novella)
Authors:Brenda Novak
Info:Mira (2012), Kindle Edition, 102 pages
Collections:Finished Reading
Rating:*****
Tags:contemporary romance, chick lit, novella, whiskey creek series

When We Touch by Brenda Novak

fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
When We Touch by Brenda Novak
#.5 Whiskey Creek

Olivia Arnold owns her own wedding planner business out of Sacramento. She's forced back to her hometown after three months in order to plan her sister, Noelle's, wedding--a shotgun wedding with Olivia's own (current) boyfriend, Kyle. She's offered the shoulder of Kyle's stepbrother, Brandon Lucero, an extreme sportsman and professional skier who is home recovering from his last injury. Brandon is considered the black sheep of his family, but Olivia has always known there was more to him than people could see.

It's hard to imagine how forgiving a person would have to be to even speak to her sister and her boyfriend again after such a betrayal. Then add insult to injury by her own parents forcing her to plan the wedding. Horrible people.

Great story packed into a short novella. ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Dec 29, 2015 |
When we touch is basically a prequel to the Whiskey Creek series.
Olivia the betrayed sister is forced to plan the wedding for her sister Noelle that stole away her boyfriend Kyle of one year. An outrageous situation but not unrealistic.
I'm sure we've all heard of some girl stealing her best friends boyfriend before, reading about a girl stealing her sisters man isn't too far fetched.
Kyle's brother Brandon - the supposed black sheep of their family is actually the one with the most common sense of the entire story. I didn't really see much black sheep in him, I actually saw more in Kyle than I did in Brandon.
Kyle wants to do right by Noelle by marrying her since she's now pregnant and Brenda tried giving him redeeming qualities and conversations but in my mind what he and Noelle did to Olivia cannot be undone and that kind of betrayal cuts deeper than a simple apology can fix.
Despite the growing affection between Olivia and Brandon I spent more time being angry for the entire situation Olivia was being forced to endure than I was investing in the growing relationship between her and Brandon.
As a novella When We Touch is a quick book to get through and worth the read if you've read her Whiskey Creek series.

krissysbookshelf | Sep 25, 2013 |
*I received a free ARC from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

You can find this review in full on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews.

This is a delightful short story that enticed me enough to want to read the whole Whiskey Creek trilogy! Olivia is hurting so bad, and her sister, Noelle, is one of the most self-absorbed people I have ever read about! Kyle will probably have more than enough time to regret straying when Olivia wanted to take a small break!

Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
Author: Brenda Novak
Published By: Mira
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Book Blog For: GMTA
Rating: 4

Review:

"When We Touch" by Brenda Novak was a good contemporary romance that maybe could be considered a chick lit or a short story... novella, but in the end it was all a wonderful well written read that I did enjoyed reading. I think in the end poor Olivia wasn't so poor after all who did she end up with? That sister of Olivia....Noelle....well that's another story. We find that Olivia was coming home to Whiskey Creek for her sister Noelle's wedding, but wait...it's now what you think...for her sister is now pregnant by Olivia's ex-boy friend (Kyle) and guess what? Since Olivia is a wedding planner her parents expect her to prepare the wedding for her sister. I couldn't in my mind understand their parents attitude about this. Have you ever heard of such? Would "you ask your own daughter to plan your other daughter's wedding after she seduced her ex fiancé? Really? And just to save money?" Well if you keep reading "When We Touch" we find out even more about this bizarre family. This is where I say you must pick up the read...to find out what Kyle(the ex) has to say to Olivia and what Miss Noelle is acting and saying when it is found out that Olivia is claiming to be dating Brandon who just happen to be is Kyle's step brother. Now the story will go on and on and we find out that Kyle knows he has messed up and just want to do the right thing and that is to marry Miss Noelle. What a sweet guy (ha ha). We find out that Brandon had taken Olivia to her prom and had always liked her. Now, the question to be asked and answered...Will those two (Oliver & Brandon) be able to come together with all of wedding stuff going on. There really seems to be a strong attraction that is going on between these two. "When We Touch" is definitely one novel of two sister...one sister that was well...I will just stop here and let you read it for yourself and let you be the judge if she is a ? Will their be a revelation about Noelle other than be spoiled? We find out that she had even tried to date....OK, I will stop and let you get the book and read for yourself who had to take a restringing order against her. All in all I thought this was a good read and in the end did Olivia get a good man?

This author brings to us a very interesting read that will keep you turning the pages wanting to see just what was going to happen next in Whiskey Creek. Would I recommend this novella: "When We Touch?" YES it was a good read! ( )
  arlenadean | Feb 24, 2013 |

You're invited to a wedding in Whiskey Creek, Heart of the Gold Country

Unfortunately, it's the wrong wedding. Olivia Arnold is arranging the festivities—and it's the hardest thing she's ever done. Because she should be marrying Kyle Houseman. They were together for more than a year…. But her jealous sister, Noelle, stole him away—and now she's pregnant.

Olivia's devastated, but surprisingly Brandon—the black sheep of the family--is there to provide comfort and consolation. The intensity between them, both physical and emotional, shows Olivia that maybe Kyle wasn't the right man for her….

But is Brandon?

Unfortunately, it's the wrong wedding. Olivia Arnold is arranging the festivities--and it's the hardest thing she's ever done. Because she should be marrying Kyle Houseman. They were together for more than a year but her jealous sister, Noelle, stole him away--and now she's pregnant. All their friends in Whiskey Creek know as well as Olivia does that Kyle's making a mistake. His stepbrother, Brandon, knows it, too. But Kyle's determined to go through with it, for his child's sake. Olivia's devastated, but surprisingly Brandon--the black sheep of the family--is there to provide comfort and consolation. The intensity between them, both physical and emotional, shows Olivia that maybe Kyle wasn't the right man for her. But is Brandon?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 1,414 books! | Top bar: Always visible