When We Touch (A Whiskey Creek novella) by…

When We Touch (A Whiskey Creek novella) (edition 2012)

by Brenda Novak

765158,327 (4)1
Member:arlenadean
Title:When We Touch (A Whiskey Creek novella)
Authors:Brenda Novak
Info:Mira (2012), Kindle Edition, 102 pages
Collections:Finished Reading
Rating:*****
Tags:contemporary romance, chick lit, novella, whiskey creek series

When We Touch by Brenda Novak (Author)

When we touch is basically a prequel to the Whiskey Creek series.
Olivia the betrayed sister is forced to plan the wedding for her sister Noelle that stole away her boyfriend Kyle of one year. An outrageous situation but not unrealistic.
I'm sure we've all heard of some girl stealing her best friends boyfriend before, reading about a girl stealing her sisters man isn't too far fetched.
Kyle's brother Brandon - the supposed black sheep of their family is actually the one with the most common sense of the entire story. I didn't really see much black sheep in him, I actually saw more in Kyle than I did in Brandon.
Kyle wants to do right by Noelle by marrying her since she's now pregnant and Brenda tried giving him redeeming qualities and conversations but in my mind what he and Noelle did to Olivia cannot be undone and that kind of betrayal cuts deeper than a simple apology can fix.
Despite the growing affection between Olivia and Brandon I spent more time being angry for the entire situation Olivia was being forced to endure than I was investing in the growing relationship between her and Brandon.
As a novella When We Touch is a quick book to get through and worth the read if you've read her Whiskey Creek series.

krissysbookshelf | Sep 25, 2013 |
*I received a free ARC from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

You can find this review in full on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews.

This is a delightful short story that enticed me enough to want to read the whole Whiskey Creek trilogy! Olivia is hurting so bad, and her sister, Noelle, is one of the most self-absorbed people I have ever read about! Kyle will probably have more than enough time to regret straying when Olivia wanted to take a small break!

Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
Author: Brenda Novak
Published By: Mira
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Book Blog For: GMTA
Rating: 4

Review:

"When We Touch" by Brenda Novak was a good contemporary romance that maybe could be considered a chick lit or a short story... novella, but in the end it was all a wonderful well written read that I did enjoyed reading. I think in the end poor Olivia wasn't so poor after all who did she end up with? That sister of Olivia....Noelle....well that's another story. We find that Olivia was coming home to Whiskey Creek for her sister Noelle's wedding, but wait...it's now what you think...for her sister is now pregnant by Olivia's ex-boy friend (Kyle) and guess what? Since Olivia is a wedding planner her parents expect her to prepare the wedding for her sister. I couldn't in my mind understand their parents attitude about this. Have you ever heard of such? Would "you ask your own daughter to plan your other daughter's wedding after she seduced her ex fiancé? Really? And just to save money?" Well if you keep reading "When We Touch" we find out even more about this bizarre family. This is where I say you must pick up the read...to find out what Kyle(the ex) has to say to Olivia and what Miss Noelle is acting and saying when it is found out that Olivia is claiming to be dating Brandon who just happen to be is Kyle's step brother. Now the story will go on and on and we find out that Kyle knows he has messed up and just want to do the right thing and that is to marry Miss Noelle. What a sweet guy (ha ha). We find out that Brandon had taken Olivia to her prom and had always liked her. Now, the question to be asked and answered...Will those two (Oliver & Brandon) be able to come together with all of wedding stuff going on. There really seems to be a strong attraction that is going on between these two. "When We Touch" is definitely one novel of two sister...one sister that was well...I will just stop here and let you read it for yourself and let you be the judge if she is a ? Will their be a revelation about Noelle other than be spoiled? We find out that she had even tried to date....OK, I will stop and let you get the book and read for yourself who had to take a restringing order against her. All in all I thought this was a good read and in the end did Olivia get a good man?

This author brings to us a very interesting read that will keep you turning the pages wanting to see just what was going to happen next in Whiskey Creek. Would I recommend this novella: "When We Touch?" YES it was a good read! ( )
  arlenadean | Feb 24, 2013 |
I'd be thanking Kyle if I were Olivia because Brandon is sooo much hotter!

Sometimes those nasty things we come across, like a good relationship soured by sisterly jealousy, end up changing our lives for the better. Such is the case with Olivia and Kyle. Their relationship was perfect, but put on hold, or so Olivia thought.

Noelle wants whatever Olivia has... or should we say, had! Including boyfriends, even though she already took the opportunity to step in while Olivia was away building on her career as a Wedding Planner. If Noelle were my sister, she'd get her spoiled rotten jealous self a good arse kicking! And a wedding from hell! Poor Olivia is too sweet and because she loves her family, she puts herself through more trauma by working her sister's wedding, to her former beau, Kyle. But Olivia's kind heart is about to earn her a gold metal, who's name is Brandon, stepbrother of Kyle.

Revenge might be sweet, though Olivia isn't the revengeful type, but Noelle doesn't see it that way. I won't spoil it, but I will say you'll want to karate chop Noelle ;>, and that's putting it mildy.

What can I say about Brandon? Mmmmm! You'll have to get yourself a lil whiskey of your own 'cause Brandon will make you drunk without even drinking! ( )
  Lifeisfiction | Sep 1, 2012 |
When We Touch by Brenda Novak
4 STARS

When We Touch is #05 of Whiskey Creek series. It is the second book of this series I have read and enjoyed.
Olivia Arnold is coming back to Whiskey Creek for her sister's wedding. She is the wedding planner. The only problem it is too her ex-boyfriend Kyle Houseman and her sister Noelle is pregnant.
Oliva's sister is always thinking only about her. Noelle wants to rub her wedding in her sisters face. On her way to her parents back in Whiskey Creek she ended up crying on side of the road where she pulled over.
Brandon saw Oliva in her car and stopped to see if she was okay. Brandon is Kyle step-brother but they have never been close. They only lived two years in the same house.
Brandon took her back to his place so she can calm down and fix her makeup and clothes.
Kyle can not believe what a mess he has made of his life. But he still cares for Oliva but he wants to be a good father.
Oliva tells Kyle that she is over him and started to date someone else the only name she can think of was to say with Brandon and she was staying with him for the weekend.
Brandon is a professional skier and the past year has been recovering from a bad accident broke his leg in three places. Brandon is not close to anyone he has been a playboy and his family does not even realize how hard he works and how much money he makes. He has always liked Oliva since he took her to prom.
I like the group of friends that hang together in whisky creek. I look forward to reading more books about Whiskey Creek.
I was given this ebook to read in exchange of honest review from Netgalley.
(August 1, 2012) PUB Harlequin Imprint HarlequinMira 102 pages ( )
  rhonda1111 | Aug 31, 2012 |

You're invited to a wedding in Whiskey Creek, Heart of the Gold Country

Unfortunately, it's the wrong wedding. Olivia Arnold is arranging the festivities—and it's the hardest thing she's ever done. Because she should be marrying Kyle Houseman. They were together for more than a year…. But her jealous sister, Noelle, stole him away—and now she's pregnant.

Olivia's devastated, but surprisingly Brandon—the black sheep of the family--is there to provide comfort and consolation. The intensity between them, both physical and emotional, shows Olivia that maybe Kyle wasn't the right man for her….

But is Brandon?

Unfortunately, it's the wrong wedding. Olivia Arnold is arranging the festivities--and it's the hardest thing she's ever done. Because she should be marrying Kyle Houseman. They were together for more than a year but her jealous sister, Noelle, stole him away--and now she's pregnant. All their friends in Whiskey Creek know as well as Olivia does that Kyle's making a mistake. His stepbrother, Brandon, knows it, too. But Kyle's determined to go through with it, for his child's sake. Olivia's devastated, but surprisingly Brandon--the black sheep of the family--is there to provide comfort and consolation. The intensity between them, both physical and emotional, shows Olivia that maybe Kyle wasn't the right man for her. But is Brandon?… (more)

Brenda Novak is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,333,121 books! | Top bar: Always visible